Harwich to the Hook of Holland custom checks re covid pass etc at the Hook (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
As the title suggests has anyone used this route recently. We both have Covid Passports but our boosters are not strictly upto date because when we were offered one in May we just had a bout of Covid at that time, and we declined, but we are still on the list. The Covid infection was not notified so no paper trail is covered. I think we might be OK with a fit to fly test from C14 provider. The Netherlands are the only European country to stick with these rules even when you are only transiting on our way to Italy. We are travelling very shortly and changing the ferry route to another route is impossible so I hope someone can give me some idea of your experience, advice etc.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Went on that route on 18 May and the only thing of interest to Dutch boarder control was how long were were we staying.

Of course things could have changed. If you had COVID confirmed by a PCR test it should be on your record as giving you additional Immunity. I can see it on my record via the NHS Scotland app.

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
When we left 7 weeks ago we had the paper work, but no one asked to look. But they wanted to see the cat, as it was unusual for them to see one.
We are coming back tomorrow from the hook, to Harwich. I know it's the opposite way but if I am asked I will let you know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
benellioldman1
Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Went on that route on 18 May and the only thing of interest to Dutch boarder control was how long were were we staying.

Of course things could have changed. If you had COVID confirmed by a PCR test it should be on your record as giving you additional Immunity. I can see it on my record via the NHS Scotland app.
Yes I didnt make it very clear we live in the IOM and foolishly like many others did not report the covid but we isolated and waited 14days
thanks for your obsevations

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
We went to the iom in may, really nice place pity the ferry prices are so high. Similar to what we paid for the Harwich to hook ferry. Have a great trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Hook of Holland this morning. At a p4n, just staying for lunch, before boarding the ferry

Attachments

• IMG20220810112329.jpg
    IMG20220810112329.jpg
    619 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
benellioldman1
Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We went to the iom in may, really nice place pity the ferry prices are so high. Similar to what we paid for the Harwich to hook ferry. Have a great trip.
Yes we always say the same thing when we are on the overnight ferry to the Hook, tucked up in a cabin and remark, we have probably actually paid more than the Stena boat trip just to get to the mainland. Something to do with the numbers using the ferries and the fact that Stena really make there money on that route with loads of freight on the ship

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
As the title suggests has anyone used this route recently. We both have Covid Passports but our boosters are not strictly upto date because when we were offered one in May we just had a bout of Covid at that time, and we declined, but we are still on the list. The Covid infection was not notified so no paper trail is covered. I think we might be OK with a fit to fly test from C14 provider. The Netherlands are the only European country to stick with these rules even when you are only transiting on our way to Italy. We are travelling very shortly and changing the ferry route to another route is impossible so I hope someone can give me some idea of your experience, advice etc.
Just boarded. Asked about covid. Custom told us there are currently no checks for covid at the moment, either way.

OP
OP
benellioldman1
Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Thanks for the info that is very helpful, because their government site is not very clear, and did not look like it had been updated recently.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back