Habitation door retainer (2 Viewers)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
The "female" part of our door retainer snapped. Think the plastic got a bit brittle in low temps. So I used a Terry Clip as shown in the attached photos. (The brown staining that can be seen in a shot is not rust, it's a plastic filler I used to allow a self-tapping screw to get a grip). The bit of rubber at the base of the Terry clip prevents the "male" part of the retainer banging hard onto the Terry clip and is a useful addition. The door is retained better using the Terry clip than the supplied retainer.

In time I'm thinking of using a couple of strong "earth" magnets as a retainer solution, just deciding how to mount them.

P8200864.JPG P8200865.JPG

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
Had the same problem on ours: the friction pad had worn down. I dismantled it and put a small shim inder it to increase the friction. It's been OK since.
Oh, and with us the problem was that when the door slammed shut in the wind, the shock knocked off the speaker which was mounted just at the entrance :(
The speaker, presumably as fitted by Hymer, was held on with VELCRO!! (now screwed on)

Our Bumble

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have the same problem. We use a bungie strap - hook to the handle and to the underside. Works well as a temporay measure but will be getting something similar to @Techno when we get home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun