Gtechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer

Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
was recommended this by a friend who runs a detailing company, and from past experience of other Gtechniq products thought it was worth a go due to the badly faded state of the mirrors on my 20 year old Roadstar. I am impressed with the results. Not a cheap product but I used just over half of the 15ml bottle to do both mirrors and door handles. They say it lasts for 2 years but we shall see.

Before:
Handle-before.jpg Mirror-before.jpg

And after:

Handle-after.jpg Mirror-after.jpg

Jun 30, 2011
Durham
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto A class
Exp
Since 2011
We can all get them to look like that, but the crucial point is how long it lasts.
If yours lasts 2 years then you are into a winner with that stuff, please keep us updated through the next 2 winters etc.
How much was the bottle?

OP
SteveJ
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
As you say, the crucial point is how long it lasts. From past experience with Gtechniq products on a couple of cars over the past 6 or 7 years they do a superb job and do last well, but I would say, from personal experience, not quite as long as they say, but whether that was due to living in a fairly harsh coastal environment (very exposed, lots of salt spray) or not it is hard to say. Now we're a good 40 miles inland hopefully it'll last a bit longer. I'll post a few updates over the next couple of years. As for price, well I got it trade price through a friend, but it's about £20 retail for a 15ml bottle, which they say is sufficient for the trim on a BMW 5 series.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers