Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
good evening folks
I have an issue with my alarm where by the van is not responding to our phones when status is requested or alarm is triggered.
I have sufficient funds on the sim, have even stood outside the van with the alarm sounding and nothing, our phones and different service providers so not sure what to do next. It last worked on Wednesday 9th when it responded to a text I sent the previous day.
Any ideas?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Depends where you are in South Wales .. might be an appointment with Van Bitz and pop down there .. if it not too far.

I have a problem with my alarm at the moment but don't think I'd like anyone else to look at it but them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I get the impression that problems with alarms seem to come up quite often on this site including Growler which is a bit of a concern as if an issue and you are in Calabria it becomes a really big issue. Operator error sometimes of course but there should really not be any (many) technical/mechanical errors. Eddie is there any data that you can share and what are the common problems?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I get the impression that problems with alarms seem to come up quite often on this site including Growler which is a bit of a concern as if an issue and you are in Calabria it becomes a really big issue. Operator error sometimes of course but there should really not be any (many) technical/mechanical errors. Eddie is there any data that you can share and what are the common problems?
The FAQ’s on our web page deal with the most common alarm issues, and as you say user error plays a big part

With the two issues on this thread, the latter I am sure @movan won’t mind me saying, as she has post before, is that the alarm was on the van when she bought it, and bits appear to be missing. Until we get the chance to see the installation we won’t know what’s been damaged or is missing.

Having installed Motorhome alarms for nearly 30 years there are thousands, tens of thousands, of motorhomes that have our systems fitted, so logically there will be problems with aging components, misuse and physical damage

The other issue will be a network issue most likely, and if @Tezza contacts the office on Monday they will talk him/her what needs to be done.

Being a probable network issue, it may of course be resolved any by then, as Tezza posted saying, when they sent a status request on a Wednesday the pager sent a message back.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Girl down the road told me she was having problems with her growler, a couple of litres of Cranberry juice sorted it out for her:whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back