Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

markgedinburgh

Free Member
Nov 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I bought a Pegaso 590 second hand that came with a Strikeback Evo growler alarm installed. It worked fine until about 2 weeks ago. The alarm does not set now. The key fob seems ok and lights up when I press the button to activate the alarm. When I set the alarm I normally see a purple light flash. It is set just above the dashboard. This seems dead. Normally I can see the light winking but there are no signs of life now.

Anyone have an idea as to what the problem is?

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I bought a Pegaso 590 second hand that came with a Strikeback Evo growler alarm installed. It worked fine until about 2 weeks ago. The alarm does not set now. The key fob seems ok and lights up when I press the button to activate the alarm. When I set the alarm I normally see a purple light flash. It is set just above the dashboard. This seems dead. Normally I can see the light winking but there are no signs of life now.

Anyone have an idea as to what the problem is?
eddievanbitz

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Assuming it's not as simple as a blown fuse, if a Vanbitz installed system best to call them on Monday.

For the benefit of all who have expensive alarm systems to maintain security its preferable not to go into extensive detail on how these systems work or are fixed on open forums.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Have you tried the other radio key?

Is everything else working normally? IE the engine battery flat?

If your not our customer, you can register with Van Bitz and you will get unlimited, vehicle and system specific telephone assistance.

Obviously as a security company it would be stupid for Van Bitz to install an expensive security system for Mr Smith, and tell random people that telephone ’all about it’

Whats required and cost is here :- https://www.vanbitz.com/wp-content/...nstalled-by-Van-Bitz-what-do-I-need-to-do.pdf

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
A call to Vanbitz is the real answer.

However, is the alarm arming and it’s just the dash led that needs replacing?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
A call to Vanbitz is the real answer.

However, is the alarm arming and it’s just the dash led that needs replacing?
My rear light cluster led has stopped working after 5 years... alarm still works so no biggie.
I think my neighbours appreciate the lack of a blinking light 🙂.

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Have you registered that vehicle with vanbitz in your name if not?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Easy way to see if it's working, activate it then open a cab door! (y)

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Have you tried the other radio key?

Is everything else working normally? IE the engine battery flat?

If your not our customer, you can register with Van Bitz and you will get unlimited, vehicle and system specific telephone assistance.

Obviously as a security company it would be stupid for Van Bitz to install an expensive security system for Mr Smith, and tell random people that telephone ’all about it’

Whats required and cost is here :- https://www.vanbitz.com/wp-content/...nstalled-by-Van-Bitz-what-do-I-need-to-do.pdf
Good clear honest answer .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
(y) Wouldn't it be great if other businesses took that frank, honest and professional attitude to customer service.

When I was connected with a marine chandlery retailer we'd send our staff at significant expense for product training by manufacturers.
At weekends I'd see my staff buttoned down for up to an hour by potential customers wanting demonstrations and to know the ins and outs and how to install and use products or help with faults, especially electronic navigation equipment. Maybe a week or so later my astute staff, seeing them in the shop, would ask them whether they had made a decision about the equipment. "Oh yes thanks, all sorted. I got it cheaper on eBay" or some other such box-shifter supplier.
I got so fed up with this that I set up and my staff offered customers the opportunity to attend chargeable evening events at the shop. Few took it up, we didn't lose any business and we had more time to give to our serious customers.

OP
OP
M

markgedinburgh

Free Member
Nov 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Thanks for the replies. everything else in the van works and the batteries are fine. No the alarm is not arming. The LED doesn't blink and no ear piercing noise any more when I open a door. I didn't realise VanBitz only operate from Devon and hope I don't have to go there as it is 450 miles away. From my research and people's help it looks like I need to transfer the registration of the system to me at my cost and then get the help of Van Bitz.

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
VanBitz is actually near Taunton in Somerset. Maybe you can combine it with a short break away? Definitely worth it.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
My rear light cluster led has stopped working after 5 years... alarm still works so no biggie.
I think my neighbours appreciate the lack of a blinking light 🙂.
That was no accident!
After 5 years your neighbors got tired of you not using the 'dim' switch when parked at home!

I only have my blue LED's on the 'bright' setting when we are 'in residence'.
When my van not in use then the blue LED's are in 'dim' mode, so as not to annoy the neighbours (and also extend battery life)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back