Grove and Dean insurance (1 Viewer)

Jan 12, 2016
Amble
Funster No
MH
adria izola
Exp
since 2014
Just started searching for new insurance and Grove and Dean have come out as the best quote.
Has anyone had any dealing with this company as I haven't heard of them

Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner lyseo 590
We are newbies and with grove and dean and havenā€™t yet made a claim šŸ¤žšŸ¼ so canā€™t comment on how efficient they are. Sorry canā€™t be more helpful šŸ™‚

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
I am now on my second year with them and no problem but what they are like if you make a claim I couldnā€™t say.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
Noneā€¦ā€¦..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
I thought youā€™d put ā€˜Pearl and Deanā€™ā€¦ā€¦.memories of going to the cinema and all the advertsā€¦.! ;)
(Sorry for the sidetrackā€¦.)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
I thought youā€™d put ā€˜Pearl and Deanā€™ā€¦ā€¦.memories of going to the cinema and all the advertsā€¦.! ;)
Not Torville and Dean, be on thin ice with that :xwink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
Like the rest they're only brokers, it'll be one of the lloyds underwriters who'll actually be insuring you

They do make you feel your special by calling you a private client though :LOL:

Try the Thatcham branch of A plan for a quote, ring them direct though as different branches offer different rates

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Like the rest they're only brokers, it'll be one of the lloyds underwriters who'll actually be insuring you

They do make you feel your special by calling you a private client though :LOL:

Try the Thatcham branch of A plan for a quote, ring them direct though as different branches offer different rates

... or one of the Insurance Companies that underwrite risks in their own name, e.g LV or Aviva.

You are quite correct to point out that many companies offering insurance are only brokers for the Underwriters, whether Companies or Lloyd's Syndicates.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
... or one of the Insurance Companies that underwrite risks in their own name, e.g LV or Aviva.

You are quite correct to point out that many companies offering insurance are only brokers for the Underwriters, whether Companies or Lloyd's Syndicates.
Aviva (brokered exclusively by Comfort) are very good when it comes to a claim. I phoned Comforts claim line which went straight through to the Aviva office who dealt with the claim very efficiently

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Aviva (brokered exclusively by Comfort) are very good when it comes to a claim. I phoned Comforts claim line which went straight through to the Aviva office who dealt with the claim very efficiently
Same for us. Very efficient and nothing too much trouble. Used Comfort for several years now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Weā€™ve been with Grove and Dean but luckily not had to make a claim. Consistently good premiums though.

Apr 12, 2021
Next to The Rusty Angel
Funster No
MH
Race Van
Hi, I have been searching for cover for my first MH and these come up quite competitive but insist on using one of their Tracker NANO systems. Anyone had any experience of these?

TA Steve

rwg

Sep 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benivan 120
Exp
Since 2021
The tracker NANO is a tiny little thing - the size of a couple of small matchboxes stuck together. They ask you to activate it and conceal it in the van somewhere. I think it only reports location intermittently (maybe every 6 or 12 hours or so). They send you a new one after 2 years apparently as the battery will run out even though it is not always active. You need to send it back if you change insurance too.

It obviously works, since I set up the insurance in advance of getting the van, and got a call a few days later asking me to activate the tracker please, so they could tell I hadn't turned it on. I just explained that the van hadn't arrived yet, and would install it when it did arrive.

The hardest part is probably remembering exactly where you hid it two years later!

cheers,

Robin

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
That's who I was thinking of. Thanks for giving the correct name :)

rwg

Sep 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benivan 120
Exp
Since 2021
Moto GBR - no subscription - the tracker is provided and paid for by the insurance broker as far as I can work out. I guess the cost is loaded into the insurance quote, but presumably the total is still lower than for insurance with no tracker.

cheers,

Robin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back