Grill pan? (1 Viewer)

Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Hi

quick question, does anyone have A real grill pan in their Burstner?

i have something that looks like a grill pan without the chrome insert, but I am told this is a crumb catcher.

The shelf appears to have a handle on one side of it but I am told it is not a handle but is to make sure the shelf is not pushed back to far Into the oven.

i guess I could use The shelf but that does not make it easy to get in and out when hot.

What do you do for grilling toast, bacon etc?

Robin

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If it's a Smev small grill (rather than a full cooker set-up) then you should have a wire insert too. I assume the 'handle' you are referring to is the bit with the row of holes in? This is meant to go at the front so that the warm air can circulate if you use it in an upper position (ie cooking a pizza etc).

For our grill/oven when doing toast I use a folding griddle pan so I can lift it out easily with the toast on rather than mess about pulling the tray out without it coming out completely and the toast ending up on the floor!

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Any amount here. Check the width size on the sliders. I bought one a little too wide for out oven/grill and had to 'adjust it' :Eeek: :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R
Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
When I picked up my van I put the missing grill pan on the snag list but when they went on the Dometic website, they could not find a grill pan listed anywhere for my oven, it is the little grill/oven.

I did quite a bit of hunting around and could not find one either.

I was stunned to see a Dometic grill pan listed in the ebay link above, I am sure I searched eBay as well in the past!

Oh well, huge thanks, I have now ordered the real thing, brand new.

I am chuffed.

MANY THANKS.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
When I picked up my van I put the missing grill pan on the snag list but when they went on the Dometic website, they could not find a grill pan listed anywhere for my oven, it is the little grill/oven.

I did quite a bit of hunting around and could not find one either.

I was stunned to see a Dometic grill pan listed in the ebay link above, I am sure I searched eBay as well in the past!

Oh well, huge thanks, I have now ordered the real thing, brand new.

I am chuffed.

MANY THANKS.
Don't get too excited. Our Dometic grill is not very good at toast as it not very powerful. It dries the bread up and takes an age to get it brown, Result is something more like a large crispy crouton rather than a decent slice of toast. I think that is because toast is more of a UK thing. The grill works fine to brown a lasagne or quiche, but we have never succeeded in getting decent toast

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
We use one of these:

1589397471643.png

You have to watch it whilst it toasts - it's very quick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R
Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Thanks peterc10, cheered me up no end! ?

I am hoping it is some thing similar to the grill in my old caravan, that was Dometic too.

I know what you mean about the browning bit but at List it warms the bread up! :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back