Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
https://uwatch.co.uk/the-uwatch-cube/

Thinking about one of these for the van.
In precis. 340 nicker for day night camera. 240 nicker for day camera.
Takes photo of people who break in and gives gps updates within 30 seconds to your smartphone and gives updates.
The video on the link says it all. Doesnt tell me how much the bill is per year for the service that i can find yet.

Regular posters will appreciate I am a tight fisted old git. Is there a better/cheaper option available ?
We recently got a couple of these for work but yet to be used in anger.

We have alarm, immobiliser. But we also have a Ford, 90 days abroad, a uk plate, staying on remote aires, and pop off for the day on a motorbike, so think there is a justification for the purpose.

@eddievanbitz Anything you do similar ?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
No, sorry

Personally I use a Samsung WiFi camera which does two way audio, day/night pan and zoom all App controlled

I have a 3 router in the van anyway so I can keep an eye on Shadow my dog while we are out and can’t take him

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Quite like the temp sensor and the ability to attach additional sensors via bluetooth, but not convinced for a van that it is worth the additional costs over a wifi pan and tilt camera that has an app, alerts, audio, motion detection, cloud upload, etc.. We have been using one since December. It connects to the mifi unit in the van, only uses data when alerting, uploading or we access it via the app, which very rarely now that the novelty has worn off :D

We have the 720p model of this camera.
Amazon product ASIN B07CTH3MBN

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I m beginning to think the camera is a bit of a red herring for me and possibly the GPS is what i want. The camera is obviously a valued extra in order to catch any offenders, but i have sufficient alarms and if they break in they break in.
My concern, if anything, is that when on holiday for 90 days with our British registered Ford that we leave for hours at a time it gets taken rather than broken into even though it has an immobiliser (which we need to turn on)
So i am now in the mind that a GPS tracker is the thing to lay my limited concerns to rest. So i am now after a cheap GPS system that works off battery power that tells me where the van is when or if somebody takes it.
Can i do this with an old smart phone and just use find my phone? And if so how ?
My theory is that if someone nicks it they will hide the van for a couple of days and i can just go pick it up. If they break in and steal something i just replace the items (if the alarm doesnt do its job.)

I m just trying to cover the possibility that day 4 of our holiday and the van isnt there when we come back

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Jim was 'developing' something that might be sufficient ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back