GOVERNMENT ISSUES TRAVEL WARNING (1 Viewer)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
From the Motorcaravannersclub.co.uk

Dear All,

The good news is Boris Johnson has said that camp sites can re-open .
The bad news is that we do not know how the camp sites will manage bookings and no mention was made of rallies.

I do not think the PM will be aware what a rally is and I would not expect him to know.

He did not mention how many people can join together as a group, so we do not know how we stand with our rallies.

Already on Face book people are saying they are going to a rally, whilst others have said we need to get the O.K. from CoM.

I have repeatedly said, and I say again,

“Neither I nor CoM will be saying go ahead it is alright for you to rally, as if anything goes wrong I and we, would be culpable.

Groups will have to listen to the Government advice and make up their own minds.

Please do not do anything to put in jeopardy our Exemption Certificate, without which we cannot rally.

I have tried to contact Natural England, which grants our Exemption Certificate but, due to the virus, they are short staffed.

I have left a voicemail and have sent an email expressing my concerns and asking for a quick response. There is nothing more I can do.

Brian Herschell.

Club Chairman.

(The yellow highlight are mine btw)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
It may just be wishful thinking on my part but I’m expecting the FCO to relax their instruction at the end of the month, although exactly what the ‘wording’ will be we will have to wait and see. A question on this matter was raised at yesterday’s briefing and the PM indicated that an update/further guidance would be made at the end of the month.
🤞for travel to France being permitted - I’m booked on the tunnel early September but need to be sure that any advice from the FCO doesn’t negate my travel insurance.

Dec 19, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Mohican
Exp
18 years
I am hooping that I can go to the Norwich gig in July. It will be our first outing in the new Moho so will use it as an exercise to test out the running and sleeping etc. At the moment i am doing 26.2mpg. Hoping this will increase with a good run. Pedro x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I am hooping that I can go to the Norwich gig in July. It will be our first outing in the new Moho so will use it as an exercise to test out the running and sleeping etc. At the moment i am doing 26.2mpg. Hoping this will increase with a good run. Pedro x
If you mean the Norfolk Motorhome Show, it has been cancelled.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back