Good value on truckers sat nav (1 Viewer)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Unchecking the "avoid U turns" box, did the trick for me, and now provides the audible instruction, "turn around where possible". (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
I think that I have done that. Still have the same issue.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
On the topic of Chinese sat navs, does anyone know the official website for map updates? The one that I have used does not seem to be working anymore and the sites that I have found only have truck data from 2013.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Does it monitor traffic data? If so it could have been diverting you around congestion or roadworks. I know the ones I have in the car and MH do that.
The Garmin has lifetime traffic with it but I'm never sure how good those systems are. The Pnavi only has historic traffic data (no idea how it picks that up :)).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The Garmin has lifetime traffic with it but I'm never sure how good those systems are.

Don't know about the Garmin specifically but the BMW system and the Pioneer one we have in the van are both excellent. They both work exactly as they should.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
On the topic of Chinese sat navs, does anyone know the official website for map updates? The one that I have used does not seem to be working anymore and the sites that I have found only have truck data from 2013.
I thought this link below was the official site for the lifetime map updates. :eek:
https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Like others before me , love my Chinese sat nave been all over France , Spain and the UK and has never took me to a wrong destination. Money well spent !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
Totally agree my garmin totally ignored the vehicle dimension so I took it back on my return to the UK I encountered all the fun routes Rowley encountered even when I altered from shortest to fastest to economical it didn't matter it took me to single track roads , through towns when roads were bypassing it was unbelievable especially as I had updated maps 2 days before travelling

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back