Good route from Calais to Barcelona including motorways (1 Viewer)

Marilyn

Free Member
May 6, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone

Hoping to travel to Spain at Christmas 2020 and would like a straight forward route from Calais to Barcelona. We are hopefully stopping at Aires on our way down which we have done before but any recommendations of good roads because we shall be towing a trailer with a car on board so don't want to end up down narrow lanes/roads etc in error. We are happy to travel on some motorways but would also like to travel on other 'A' roads as well. Also can anyone suggest a good map of Spain easy to read and follow which I do like to have as well as our SatNav.

Many thanks, good motorhoming. Marilyn

GrapeApe

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW T4 campervan
Exp
Since 2014
Highly recommend having a stop off in Montpellier. My van broke down there and was in a garage for 3 days. Turned out being the best 3 days of the trip. Absolute belting place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Calais, Abbeville, Rouen, Evreux, Dreux, Chartres, Orleans,down the A71 to Clermont-Ferrand, then the A75 all the way down & over the Millau bridge to Beziers,& then on to A9 to French border & continue to Barcelona on the A7. All free through France except for the Millau bridge toll

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Calais, Abbeville, Rouen, Evreux, Dreux, Chartres, Orleans,down the A71 to Clermont-Ferrand, then the A75 all the way down & over the Millau bridge to Beziers,& then on to A9 to French border & continue to Barcelona on the A7. All free through France except for the Millau bridge toll
A71 from Orleans to Clermon-Ferrand and the A9 from Beziers to the French border are both Peage. A75 is free apart from Millau Viaduct.
Otherwise gus-lopez route is spot on. (y)

Richard.

Readie

Free Member
Sep 9, 2023
Funster No
MH
Toyota hiace
Hi all I am planning on taking the route mentioned by Guz-Lopez above. My van is old so will not be compliant. Does anyone know:
  • campsite outside lez in Barcelona
  • if there are any other lez on the route ?
Many thanks and all assistance much appreciated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Readie

Free Member
Sep 9, 2023
Funster No
MH
Toyota hiace
Hi all I am planning on taking the route mentioned by Guz-Lopez above. My van is old so will not be compliant. Does anyone know:
  • campsite outside lez in Barcelona
  • if there are any other lez on the route ?
Many thanks and all assistance much appreciated

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back