EastAngler

Free Member
Apr 23, 2019
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 1993
Exp
As stated in the Introduce Yourself forum just starting on the investigation phase and have been looking at various online sales ads to try and get a feel for different model types / layouts etc.

Found a 2005 Fiat ducato 2.8Diesel Bessacarr E760 on Facebook Marketplace for £21k which I think would be the sort of layout, with the fixed rear bed, that could suit us.

No immediate intention to go and buy but would welcome views from experienced MH owners on it.

Price

Is the slight damage around rear light cluster a serious issue (if you look at FB photos)?

What would this be rated at and what sort of spare weight capacity would we have for us and our stuff (haven't got my head around what I have read on this means in practice).

Thanks

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Don’t get me started on Swift. Used to carry a toolbox, screws and glue and that was just for short trips. They may look all fancy in the showroom with microwave, large toilet and the dreaded UK Spec just not very well designed and put together.

No garage also meant the bikes on the back suffered terribly and a cover was difficult to fit due to the rack being too high. The front seating area turned into a bed but it was very uncomfortable compared to what we have now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
I can’t speak for that age of Bessacarr but our 2012 is lovely. You will see lots of posts saying don’t buy British and my swift had problems but this can be the same for any make/model.

As for the damage I can’t see it as not on FB but there will be others around that price without damage. I would start looking at as many as possible, check its history as much as you can (hab checks etc). There is a buyers guide available which is a good place to start.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back