Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp
Called into Goldschmitt, in Germany recently looking for a quote to fit air suspension, hydraulic jacks and a tow bar to our hymer b690, the tech who checked everything mechanically, was good as gold, but the office staff I think didn’t want the fuss & bother of dealing with a U.K. buyer! The official answer was, we have an agent in the U.K. who can do this work for you. The only agent is Travelworld, so no thank you. Looks like it will be E&P !
But yet another consequence of the B word I think!

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Called into Goldschmitt, in Germany recently looking for a quote to fit air suspension, hydraulic jacks and a tow bar to our hymer b690, the tech who checked everything mechanically, was good as gold, but the office staff I think didn’t want the fuss & bother of dealing with a U.K. buyer! The official answer was, we have an agent in the U.K. who can do this work for you. The only agent is Travelworld, so no thank you. Looks like it will be E&P !
But yet another consequence of the B word I think!
Hi did they give you a quote for the suspension and levellers fitting, had a quote from SAP, but I’m not convinced 100% about E&P what with rams coming down and the finish on the cylinders not being too good (could be owners lack of ppm) and this morning I read about E&P not being able to auto level on what was ground with a shallow dip🤷🏼‍♂️ I did see an Adria Sonic in Llandovery a few weeks back with HPC levellers that looked very well fitted, I guess the ratio of good far exceeds the bad but that kind of money is a LOT of money for me. Travel world prices for Goldschmitt are a no go for me, even taking into account of the cost of going to Germany/Belgium for them which I would just tie in with a holiday over there when I can get over.

OP
OP
Westbarn1

Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp
You MIGHT be able to get it done in Belgium ( Lenny has a contact) the other nice thing about the Goldschmitt air is that it will also weigh your loading and the control pump can be fitted underneath, as opposed to in the garage, my quote was 6k Euro for Rams, 9k Euro full air, inc fitting but plus VAT

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Called into Goldschmidt a few years ago to enquire about heavy duty front springs. Gave me a good price and said they could fit them the following morning.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
You MIGHT be able to get it done in Belgium ( Lenny has a contact) the other nice thing about the Goldschmitt air is that it will also weigh your loading and the control pump can be fitted underneath, as opposed to in the garage, my quote was 6k Euro for Rams, 9k Euro full air, inc fitting but plus VAT
I could be wrong but I think sap can fit the E&P pump underneath also👍
Either way it’s expensive🤔🤔

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I had Goldschmitt full air fitted in Belgium cost £7,150 (€1.16/£) TW quoted £8,750.
I think there is another Goldschmitt agent in South Wales.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Ours had Goldschmitt rear air fitted to our twin rear wheeler when the van was new in 2005
It’s still working perfectly so a thumbs up from me for Goldschmitt.

Jan 15, 2009
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC B690
Exp
Since 2009
I had Goldschmitt full air fitted in Belgium cost £7,150 (€1.16/£) TW quoted £8,750.
Hi Lenny,

Would you mind divulging the Belgium company you used for you air suspension installation please ?

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I’ve gone all faint and wobbly 🥴

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
I could be wrong but I think sap can fit the E&P pump underneath also👍
Either way it’s expensive🤔🤔
They can fit it underneath, in fact I think that's their default position. They couldn't do that on my Laika, however, because of the double floor design. Instead they fitted it in a skirt locker. I'm pleased they did, because it's now very accessible. The pump is surprisingly small and doesn't take up a huge amount of room.
I've been very pleased with mine, no issues with the rams and the finish on
them is perfect. Auto levelling can sometimes be a little tempremental, but I prefer to do mine manually to discharge water off the roof, and it's virtually as quick.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back