Getting the battery off a Raleigh Motus (1 Viewer)

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
On my list of things to do today is charge the battery on my Motus, but I can’t get it off the bike. I’ve tried both keys with no success. Am I failing to do something blindingly obvious? (I can’t remember where I bought to phone up for help, either!)

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
If its a stepthrough like mine with the battery on the pannier rack then it can be a bit difficult to get off.

This is what works for me: turn the key as far as it'll go anti-clockwise and leave it in. Then hook the fingers of both hands under the handle of the battery at the back and brace both thumbs on the pannier rack. Then pull (really hard). Once the battery is off, turn the key clockwise and remove (you don't need the key to put the battery on).

If after all that you still can't get it off then you can charge it whilst its still on the bike: there's a socket under the rubber cover at the front right hand side of the battery housing.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I've just looked at the manual on-line. There is no information at all about battery removal :unsure:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I’d forgotten you could charge it still on. That solves the problem for now. Can’t get the thing off for anything. I didn’t used to have any trouble with it, so there must be a problem. Wish I could remember where I bought it, they were really great and I’m sure they’d fix it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back