Get my first MH saturday (1 Viewer)

Feb 4, 2010
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Home and abroad since 2005
Well. We can speak from experience. We had our Compass 400 recovered in white and yellow leather with contrasting stitching. Yes. Really wonderful summer interior. Everyone comments on the quality and summer feeling that they get from being inside. Good value and after 6 or 7 years still looks great. £2000 compared to cost of your Motorhome is not overly expensive. The company even let us stay overnight and we watched the staff working away on their sewing machines Go for it.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Our van has leather too. Don't find it too "sticky" in summer. It already had leather seating when we bought it and we're glad about that too. Something we would have done ourselves

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
So glad all went well Lee. I notice you have automatic levelling as well. Don't tell Mark as he'll start pestering again for us to get it installed. Happy trucking.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi from a Frankia owner. I purchased new in 2015 at the February NEC show. Took delivery in April May 2015 and been all over the place ever since. I hope you are really pleased with your purchase, they make a damn good Motor-Home.

Don’t forget the Frankia owners Facebook site
I trust you mean the Frankia Motorhomes UK site on fb as the Owners site has had no posts for over three months.

ps I have just joined and they are organising a Frankia Factory meet in 2021.
I also have Cream leather and I can't imagine anything else wearing so well or so easy to clean.

Last edited:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
So so excited. I pick up my first motorhome on Saturday. A all singing all dancing 2015 frankia i740 plus. My first port of call is to have new leather seats. I'm looking at regal upholstery in derby to carry out the work. Anyone offer any advise on there work ?
Just looked at one today at the nec!! WOW that is my official lottery van, it’s stunning enjoy every mile in her??

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
What no plug in the wash basin, that is down right shameful and a replacement demanded immediately. Shoddy work:LOL::LOL::p

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Looks great!

Now, get out and enjoy it and try not to bend it too soon. (Been there, done that, couldn’t afford the T shirt after the repair bill.)

Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Congratulations on your first motorhome! We bought our first motorhome just before Christmas.

We had a couple of short trips over New Year, then thought we may as well just bite the bullet, and we're now just heading home after a fabulous five week's touring down through France and around Spain and Portugal - it's been amazing - the best holiday EVER!! ?

That's not too say there haven't been stressful moments when things don't work quite like you're expecting, but everyone on this Forum have been amazing when we've asked any questions!

It's only when you really use your Motorhome that you start to understand how everything works! I'd just say, make sure you have all the manuals for each component in your new motorhome (download and print any missing) and keep them somewhere handy!! ?

Have a fantastic time out and about!

OP
OP
Allinthestars

Allinthestars

Free Member
Sep 23, 2019
Stone, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740 Plus
Exp
Congratulations on your first motorhome! We bought our first motorhome just before Christmas.

We had a couple of short trips over New Year, then thought we may as well just bite the bullet, and we're now just heading home after a fabulous five week's touring down through France and around Spain and Portugal - it's been amazing - the best holiday EVER!! ?

That's not too say there haven't been stressful moments when things don't work quite like you're expecting, but everyone on this Forum have been amazing when we've asked any questions!

It's only when you really use your Motorhome that you start to understand how everything works! I'd just say, make sure you have all the manuals for each component in your new motorhome (download and print any missing) and keep them somewhere handy!! ?

Have a fantastic time out and about!
Thank you for your kind words

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back