Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I lug a bottle around for my BBQ, is this necessary? Can I not somehow take a feed from the 29 gallon habitation tank I already have fitted. Anyone done this?

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim you just need to fit a valved tee after the regulator, some eurovans are fitted with a BBQ point, probably some yanks are as well.

Olley

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Dave Evans at Daves' Motorhome services in Cannock fitted one to a customer's vehicle for us......similar vehicle to yours :winky: ....perhaps give him a bell 07968 570796

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Sorry Jim, just spotted my mistake and too late to edit :Doh: - Dave can be reached on 07968 429111 or 01543 570796

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
We ran our cadac at the weekend from the gas point outside the van - it was brill!

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Jim

I had a valve fitted with a tap to my RV . Push fit fitting on BBQ and on Patio heater both work great well worth doing. Mine was done just up the road from me, sure there are LPG places near you. Not expensive to have done.

Sorry did I say Patio heater :Doh: well it comes in handy.::bigsmile:

Regards

Lampie

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I lug a bottle around for my BBQ, is this necessary? Can I not somehow take a feed from the 29 gallon habitation tank I already have fitted. Anyone done this?

i couldnt understand why you dragged that bottle around, Jim.

i fitted an outdoor valve a while ago, used it the first time at bosworth and its really good.:thumb::thumb:it has a bayonet type plug, just push and turn. job done.:thumb:
cost around £30 complete at york last year.
i bought the gas hose at my local BATA dealer but him being a jobsworth he said he could only supply it in 3mtr lengths (for safety reasons..... bo**ocks):Angry:
considering its nearly a meter to the floor from the valve it dont give much to play with.
must get another 3mtrs and a coupler.:whatthe: surely that cant be as safe as one 6mtr length, can it.:Doh:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi I don't think an extender stay will work as its intended to put gas into the RV not allow it to come out, and to this end I believe it has a check valve in the Tee piece. And it fits before the regulator so you would be feeding your Cadac with gas at over 100psi, should cook the food pretty quick, might cook you as well though.:ROFLMAO:

Olley

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi I don't think an extender stay will work as its intended to put gas into the RV not allow it to come out, and to this end I believe it has a check valve in the Tee piece. And it fits before the regulator so you would be feeding your Cadac with gas at over 100psi, should cook the food pretty quick, might cook you as well though.:ROFLMAO:

Olley

wow !!!! seared steak from 10meters away.:thumb::thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ging gang gooly gooly gooooly ging gang goo.......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I fitted one of these Link Removed on my Kontiki, not cheap but very neat and profesional, extra fittings for other gas appliances are about £5 each, no taps to worry about just push and twist:thumb:
Geo

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
How long are the hoses on these things? Can you use an extension to get the barbie a reasonable distance from the RV and out from under the awning?
Bad enough cleaning guano from the outside without having it baked on from underneatch:ROFLMAO:

Regards
Doug

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
How long are the hoses on these things? Can you use an extension to get the barbie a reasonable distance from the RV and out from under the awning?
Bad enough cleaning guano from the outside without having it baked on from underneatch:ROFLMAO:

Regards
Doug

Visions of RV's with Scorch marks and Charred Burgers on the side.:Doh:

How's this for a solution?:RollEyes:
bbq-01.jpg

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks

Regards
Doug
The final length of hose fron BBQ point, To BBQ is your choice Doug, I think they will only sell you 3 Metres of the orange stuff
Geo

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Hi Jim
You can only use a extend-a-stay if you have a High pressure barbe the ones you buy in the states I tried to get one here and nojoy
all the best Paul

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
BBQ Connection(s)

Hi

2 Types of connection:- IF you fit (the full) extendastay "kit" the output from the hose is at TANK PRESSURE, Is High Pressure quality hose, and needs a separate regulator to safely use on "your average barbie".

IF a "tapping" is taken off the pipework to the (say) Oven/Hob this will be "downstream" of the R-V regulator and OK for the "barbie" I have the later and it has worked OK for nearly 5 years.

IF you are off to Spain you can have almost as much LOW PRESSURE hose as the "ferrettaria" has on his roll (no restriction on length).

Regards

Pete

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
i fitted an outdoor valve a while ago, used it the first time at bosworth and its really good.:thumb::thumb:it has a bayonet type plug, just push and turn. job done.:thumb:
cost around £30 complete at york last year.

Do you mean the kit cost you £30 and you fit it yourself? Or it cost £30 for some-one at York to do it for you?

If the first, can you remember who did it for you?

Cheers
Bryan

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Bryan it sounds like the one in my post, if similar you wouldn't get one fitted for £30 anywhere the kit is £30 + I am looking into doing mine with a T piece and hose outlet with tap, if successful i would have thought about a tenner would cover the costs of the bits reqd, it,s just a case of finding the right bits, then as they say we'll be cooking with gas:ROFLMAO: you might get one fitted on your next outing:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Bryan it sounds like the one in my post, if similar you wouldn't get one fitted for £30 anywhere the kit is £30 + I am looking into doing mine with a T piece and hose outlet with tap, if successful i would have thought about a tenner would cover the costs of the bits reqd, it,s just a case of finding the right bits, then as they say we'll be cooking with gas:ROFLMAO: you might get one fitted on your next outing:thumb:

yep....exactly the same Geo.:thumb: and fitted as you described, just a bit of washing up liquid round the joints on the "T" and the tap to check for leaks.:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Do you mean the kit cost you £30 and you fit it yourself? Or it cost £30 for some-one at York to do it for you?

If the first, can you remember who did it for you?

Cheers
Bryan

yep.....fitted it myself. dead easy. the kit was around £30 + hose, "T" and tap.
see Geo's post and my reply

the 'kit' is just a box with a gas bayonet type socket and a bayonet plug, expensive for what it is but works well.

john.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back