Garmin camper 780 - custom POIs (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New to motorhomes, had a camper van before this.
Hi all

I've had a good trawl through the forums but can't find the answer I'm looking for.

I've loaded the Camping and Caravanning and Caravan and Motorhome POI file as Custom POIs to the camper 780, but I can't get them to appear in the All Campsites search.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
Beryl
Jul 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks Alan - yep, done that and I can see them just fine under “Custom POIs”. I just wanted to get the Garmin to go the final step and let me search for them under “All Campsites” rather than searching, not finding then having to search again under “Custom POIs”

I suspect this may be a step too far for Garmin in the user-friendliness stakes.

cheers,

Rob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeffX999

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 599
Exp
Since 2018
Garmin POI installer. Free download from Garmin.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks Alan - yep, done that and I can see them just fine under “Custom POIs”. I just wanted to get the Garmin to go the final step and let me search for them under “All Campsites” rather than searching, not finding then having to search again under “Custom POIs”

I suspect this may be a step too far for Garmin in the user-friendliness stakes.

cheers,

Rob
I have the older 760 model but I think it is the same in this case.
As far as I know you can only search the POIs in one .gpi file at a time.
The attached screenshot shows the .gpi files on my 760, though yours might be different in detail. The POIs that I have loaded are in the "POIs 210812.gpi" file but the pre-installed POIs are in the others.

Screenshot 2021-08-26 153015.jpg

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
here a couple of things that might help I think probably using Garmin Basecamp would be best if you can get to grips with it🤔😊

OP
OP
Beryl
Jul 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks both - tempted to leave it, as it looks like each file is a category and I don’t fancy editing the gpi files to create one big one. At least now we’ve got all the CLs/TSHs on the Garmin.

Cheers,

Rob

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
On this subject does anyone know how to get Custom POI to show in "Up ahead" It wont let me choose it from my screen. I cant get the ACSI sites or camper contact to show in the Up ahead either.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back