Garmin Camper 770 (1 Viewer)

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
A good Glaswegian friend of mine nearly died laughing trying to get some new lab equipment to obey her voice commands. Her potential new customer was from Sri Lanka and faired no better!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Well its not as if they say "Hey you are a weegie here's a discount"

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
My 760 goes into Voice Command mode without warning if I happen to talk loudly while driving. It's always uncommanded, unexpected and distracting. The map disappears until I press the back/exit button.

It's a gimmick feature I could do without.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Try putting on an American accent, or do as my wifey does and swear at it under your breath.
Seriously though, we have the same problem down here in leafy Surrey, even with our posh Windsorian accents the bloody thing thinks we are aliens and cannot understand plain English.
We give up and type in the postcode as its quicker!.
Its even crap when I say....put the kettle on, or sod it!... I will just read the road signs.
Thanks for posting though it was very funny, tell it you are skunnert with it. :LOL:

Les

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Brilliant , but you had me shouting at you three three NOT thirty three , in the middle you said three three once & I thought she’s got it but then you went back to thirty three , I was getting frustrated never mind the garmin lol ?
I agree but if you listen at the very end I said three three and it responded with thirty-three so it clearly SHOULD know thirty-three.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Thank you Sandra -It was really funny listening to you and your amazing patience with this bit of non Weegie trained kit. Perhaps there is a future for you supplying Garmin with the skills it clearly needs for us poor Scots

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Anyone successfully used the "Voice command"? I will let you hear mine if you let me hear yours:giggler::giggler: Just as well I have great patience!

Why didn't you just say Stepps or Millerston? I used to be a postie, maybe I could get a job as a satnag :D

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Do I detect a hint of exasperation in the Garmin voice !! ??

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
irnbru …….. Hi Sandra.…….. Sorry can't help with the Garmin Camper (really enjoyed your Video clip!)………. but if you are a Windows user on your laptop/PC, this may help...…..

For all Weegies: Microsoft Windows for Scotland released..........

Micro$aft Windies ('Glesga Edishun')

Wscot.gif

Hoaw, by the way! Micro$oft wants to help YOU in Glesga. Dinnae be forced tae use confusing Englified software apps. Due to be released before the Fair Fortnight, the 'Glesga' Edishun of Windows, will hit the Barras..

Feel at ease straight away! The traditional "Start" button has been replaced with a more familiar term:

w2.jpg

The "Recycle Bin" has been renamed to something more fitting:

w3.jpg

While the "Internet Explorer" now has a more recognisable title:

w4.jpg

Nae mair fanny-boy names like "My Documents". Windies tells it like it is:

w5.jpg

An' "C:\ drive" (wits that then?) is now called something a wee bit merr appropriate:

w6.jpg

"Yes", "No" & "Cancel" are no longer used.

w7.jpg

Several exclusive programmes have been included with 'Windies':

w8.jpg

The cullurin in book lets ye dae yer ain pictchurs. Sums lets ye add things up an' gies ye the rite anser, an' the tipe riter lets ye tipe letturs tae yer pals ( 'n' it even cheks yer spelin, bye the way! ).

The computer no longer makes you click an American "OK" but a proper 'Glesga "Aye.. aw right"

w9.jpg

Don't be a big diddie, if yae don't know how tae dae somethin' the "Help" facility has been replaced with a merr 'Glesga' friendly version:

w10.jpg

The "Control Panel" now has a new name along with some internal settings:

w11.gif

Tips for 'Glaswegian' users: If you make a typing error, use the backspace to replace the "wrang yin" Note: Tippex is hard to clean off the screen!

Get yer ane copy the day (before the bizzies come) Available the noo at the Barras.
Only two weeks dole money.

w12.gif

Laugh4.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back