Garage Storage, again. (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Hi,
I have a Dethleffs Trend, with quite a low garage, but nearly full width, with just the one door. Getting inside and dragging gear out was a pain.
So built a trolley, which is all aluminium for strength and weight. The trolley runs on fixed largeish wheels, which are set on wood with an aluminium angle screwed to the wood as a guide. At the far end next to the gas store are 2 bump stops, and at the front a chrome door latch.
All barring the plate was from B and Q Having set the wood and screwed down, gave me the size of aluminium plate to order off the Internet, width and length, and was about 3/4 mm thick. But depends on what weight your putting on I guess, thicker if it's for bikes and spare wheels etc.
On the trolley sits 4 plastic boxes courtesy of 'The Range'.
Total cost was less than £100, aluminium plate was about £55 and the castors about £6 each, plus rivets and angle etc.
The trolley rides high enough to store flat tables and the solar underneath and above enough space for more tables and the awning mat etc.
So lots of fitted gear, easy access and no bad back.
Unable to post the 4 pictures as getting less than 6MB. I know, the joy of living in the middle of Norfolk.

OP
OP

Deleted User
I have them, but won't load up. If someone could enlighten me how to reduce the pixel size on 'photo' in an apple MacBook Pro.( Incidentally, the worst £2000 ever spent.)
I could have another go,
But only have a day, oft to Malta for 4 weeks on Saturday, 17th Nov.

A picture would help, as I had 3 goes before I got the right size ali angle and the wood size to run on. But was able to reutilise in other ways so no waste.
I imagine if you have a tall garage, then sturdier castors and rail should take easy up to 100KG.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have them, but won't load up. If someone could enlighten me how to reduce the pixel size on 'photo' in an apple MacBook Pro.( Incidentally, the worst £2000 ever spent.)
I could have another go,
But only have a day, oft to Malta for 4 weeks on Saturday, 17th Nov.

A picture would help, as I had 3 goes before I got the right size ali angle and the wood size to run on. But was able to reutilise in other ways so no waste.
I imagine if you have a tall garage, then sturdier castors and rail should take easy up to 100KG.
Just open your photo in the the Mac photo app then "file" "export" and pick a smaller size/quality and the just export it to your desktop or wherever you want it,

IMG_1166.jpg
Small isn't it(y)

Then "upload file" and just select it form your desktop or wherever,

Martin

EDIT reply sent from my Mac Book Pro, I will have it if you don't like yours.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
yes I would dearly like to have it too

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Love my Macbook Pro, I’ll take yours off your hands if you want?
Anyway, you could open the images in Preview, you can then resize them to a more appropriate size using the tools menu

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks for words of advice. When I go to export shows GIFm which I tap into and then nothing.
Re ; Preview, no such wording in 'Photos'
Like I said, Mac and me mortal enemies.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Preview is a different Mac app to Photos. It is a general purpose viewer for pdf and image files but also has basic editing facilities, including resizing and pixel reduction. Photos is a picture storage device that creates a database of all your images from which you can edit and export. It also has powerful organising facilities and image identification e.g. facial recognition.
Another Mac fan here. You have to spend time to get to know what they can do. Have a look on Mac forums for tips and ideas.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks Philip,
But computers are and the jargon is impossible. A bit like trying to tell folks the difference between scrambled eggs and omelettes, both have the same ingredients the result entirely different

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
A bit like trying to tell folks the difference between scrambled eggs and omelettes, both have the same ingredients the result entirely different
You've obviously never seen my omelettes!:rolleyes::whistle:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Philip,
But computers are and the jargon is impossible. A bit like trying to tell folks the difference between scrambled eggs and omelettes, both have the same ingredients the result entirely different
So

Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 19.48.54.png

Your photo should be here if not drag it from wherever it is and drop in on the Photo icon marked,

Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 19.49.29.png

Then "file" "export" "export 1 photo"

Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 19.50.03.png

Then just pick a size and quality, low and small gave the titchy tiny one I put up earlier so don't use that, click "export" and then just select desktop when it asks you where to put it.

Good luck.

Two finger trackpad click on the file on your desktop and then go to get info to see it's size.

Martin

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks Martin,
Where you have export 1 photo my computer only highlights GIF, no other option.
Will have to wait until Christmas as oft to Malta for a month tomorrow.
Ian

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Martin,
Where you have export 1 photo my computer only highlights GIF, no other option.
Will have to wait until Christmas as oft to Malta for a month tomorrow.
Ian
Enjoy (y)

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back