Futurescope - anyone been recently? (1 Viewer)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Hi again, we're thinking that Disneyland Paris is not for us and are reverting to look at Futurescope. Has anyone been recently - has it been updated? There are several comments from 2014 saying how dated it looks.

How long would you take to see the sites? We spent 2 days at Puy Du Fou and 2 days at Legoland Billund. Are 2 days too much or not enough?

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
if its theme park you want i cant fault europark just over the border in germany
they have an aire/campsite attached

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
if its theme park you want i cant fault europark just over the border in germany

It is a shame that it is the wrong side of the country. We're not really into theme parks ... just looking at diversions to keep the sprogs entertained and give a bit of focus for our meanderings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The Google street view shows a 3.5 metre height limit on the toll booth, but a review claims there isn't one, anyone know?

Nov 19, 2021
Nr Wigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp

Have to agree with mitzimad, Europark is excellent. The on-site camping site is also brilliant.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
The Google street view shows a 3.5 metre height limit on the toll booth, but a review claims there isn't one, anyone know?
Sorry, I don't. We got into the car park easily but that was 4 yrs ago.

We had a good time. It was worth getting there mid to late afternoon to get the cheaper entry tickets and then returning the following day for an easier whole day.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Have to agree with mitzimad, Europark is excellent. The on-site camping site is also brilliant.
We'll have a look when we go east next time. We normally go west though.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
If you're not with kids, I'd get a ticket for 5pm onwards on the weekend to see the evening show as well as most of the exhibits.

It is fun but a bit dated. There are activities for all ages.
1684961164018.png

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We went many years ago in the early 1990's so probably well out of date but it was typically French in that it has a very educational theme and I remember quite a number of film shows and it was the first time I had ever experienced a moving cinema chair with smells, water, smoke etc. Son & daughter enjoyed it and the eldest would have been very early teens. We just spent a day which was enough for us all at the time. No idea if its any bigger or whether some of the attractions have just changed. Some are still the same having just had a look at the website!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back