Frost Damage Vaillant (1 Viewer)

M

mistyb

Deleted User
Hi everyone,
We have a G Reg Talisman with Vaillant 125/7 water heater. I have read the previous thread and I'm hoping you can be as helpful to us. The worst has happened and we have frost damage to our water heater (please don't shout I'm kicking myself enough already). Water is running out from where I can see the edge of a diaphragm. Could anyone help me with instructions on repair? I can see four screws holding the housing above the diaphragm in place but can't figure out how to remove them (there doesn't seem to be any room to work.) Also is it normally just the diaphragm which needs replacing? I'm not trying to pre empt taking it to a professional, but we can't find any local in Northern Ireland and we have already booked a winter break.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Brian & Denise

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi, you will find the part you need Link Removed

Hope you can get it in time for your trip. Oh and welcome to the fun :thumb:

D

Divauk

Deleted User
Diaphragm - Vaillant heater

Hi everyone,
We have a G Reg Talisman with Vaillant 125/7 water heater. I have read the previous thread and I'm hoping you can be as helpful to us. The worst has happened and we have frost damage to our water heater (please don't shout I'm kicking myself enough already). Water is running out from where I can see the edge of a diaphragm. Could anyone help me with instructions on repair? I can see four screws holding the housing above the diaphragm in place but can't figure out how to remove them (there doesn't seem to be any room to work.) Also is it normally just the diaphragm which needs replacing? I'm not trying to pre empt taking it to a professional, but we can't find any local in Northern Ireland and we have already booked a winter break.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Brian & Denise

Hiya,

Did you manage to get a diaphragm for your heater? If you did and you've had a go at fitting it, was it easy to fit? I have the same problem on my heater, the water has been drained (by the previous owners I presume) and my local service centre says I need a new boiler because of the diaphragm being damaged, but I am sure if that's the only problem I can just fit a new diaphragm. Did it fix your problem? Many thanks, Debbie.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
We did one on a friends a few years ago no problem worked perfectly after, so worth a try.

Best of luck

Dave:thumb:

D

Divauk

Deleted User
Thank you, will give it a try!:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alf

Free Member
Apr 7, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Diaphragm Repair - Vaillant heater

I had an Autosleeper Flair in a ford transit it sufferd the same fault nearly every year I tried allways to drain the heater even used air line the first time I bought a new diaphragm after that I took the diaphragm off and rubbed down on fine wet and dry placed on a surface plate as you drew it across the first few strokes you could see the twist in the diaphragm just a drop of water left in the diaphragm housing and the poor wall insulation was enough to freeze and twist the diaphragm.
If no surface plate use a piece of plate glass if possible but watch the edges

Alf

Wyewatcher

Free Member
Jun 1, 2017
Gloucs
Funster No
MH
Talbot Autosleeper
Exp
1 year
Hi I have a similar problem. The heater diaphragm, when removed, had been badly inserted at some time and had a fold in it. Resting it has hopefully resolved this but we cannot get the fibre washers for the hose connections anywhwere - does anyone have an idea of a substitute?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back