Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Our new MH is a 2017 Peugeot Boxer without me giving away to much our last MH was on a 2007 Ducato base and I was aware of a security issue around the outside at the drivers door lock / handle.
My question is does my Peugeot boxer still suffer from the same secirity issues or have these been rectified.

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
When I fitted 'Proplates' to our 2018 Fiat PVC I discovered that there was additional strengthening there, however, there was nothing to indicate that externally so I fitted them anyway as a visual deterrent.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Driventemple interesting to read that about Fiat's, do Peugeot use the same doors as the Fiat & citreon does anyone know

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Driventemple interesting to read that about Fiat's, do Peugeot use the same doors as the Fiat & citreon does anyone know

Yes, the body and mechanicals apart from the drivetrain are all identical and assembled in the same factory. And Proplates are a good deterrent and preventative measure for the vulnerability ;)

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Yes, the body and mechanicals apart from the drivetrain are all identical and assembled in the same factory. And Proplates are a good deterrent and preventative measure for the vulnerability ;)
Thanks I thought they were all the same, but not 100% sure , so it's pretty sad if they have not eliminated the issue and a product like Proplates are still needed.

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
They have modified the locks and made them more secure BUT there is nothing to identify which locks have been modified. That's why I fitted Proplates. You don't actually need Proplates for security - just to 'warn off' potential attackers!
security2.jpg

The bracket in the middle picture is the Fiat extra security.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
They have modified the locks and made them more secure BUT there is nothing to identify which locks have been modified. That's why I fitted Proplates. You don't actually need Proplates for security - just to 'warn off' potential attackers!
View attachment 320676
The bracket in the middle picture is the Fiat extra security.
Ahh so it is visible on the outside of the mh when you install Proplates??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back