From the BMF.ten arrested in connection with bike thefts (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Published on 3 October 2019 by Mike Waters
Tags: , , ,
Filed under Category:
Ten people have been arrested in a series of dawn raids conducted by Northumbria Police and a number of suspected stolen motorcycles have been recovered.

The eight men and two women were taken into custody in Newcastle and Gateshead by detectives from Northumbria Police’s Operation Benelli team, which was set up to tackle motorcycle-related crime in the region.

In searches of nine addresses as part of a ‘Day of Action’, officers also found stolen motorcycle helmets, stolen number plates, suspected stolen car parts, drugs and weapons.

This successful operation is the latest in a of policing actions aimed at cracking down on motorcycle theft, as the BMF has previously .

Detective Chief Inspector Paul Knox of Operation Benelli said: “These arrests are the product of a lot of hard work by a team of detectives dedicated to tackling this type of criminality. They need to know that if they get involved in motorcycle crime then they should expect a rude awakening – a team of police officers coming through their door.

“This disruption activity should send a strong message to those individuals – we won’t hesitate to bring you into custody and put you before the courts. We know who you are and this type of action will continue as long as you continue to commit offences in our region.”

UPDATE: 04.10.2019 - Two young men who were arrested after the raids, both aged 16, have been charged with conspiracy to steal motorcycles at North Tyneside Magistrates' Court. It is understood that the charges relate to 35 offences which are alleged to have taken place over a three-month period.

My take on it..
So 10 are arrested... They get their heads together, make it worth while to the 16 year olds to cough to all charges, the real scrotes walk away laughing
Policing at its laziest !
Police should carried the investigation forward rather than settling for an easy nick, and get the real villains sent down

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I would be impressed if they scored big against the gangs stealing bikes round the southeast. A lot more bikes stolen in that region than the north east

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back