LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Dometic fridge has suddenly started beeping and flashing on gas. I would like to to try relighting but don't know how. Its RMDT 8501 model. Please help. In Belgium at the moment. Thanks

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Provided you are sure you have gas, try turning the fridge off and back on again

you could also manually select gas rather than AES

either of those should make it relight, or at least try to

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks everyone one. I might have fixed it. I hope so because we are just at Thule having our awning fixed and that's a big enough bill. :xblink:
I read somewhere on the net. To try switching back and forth from gas to 12v to clean the contacts. I've no idea what that means but I've done it and it seems to have worked. I'm not holding my breath yet. Waiting to see what happens when it's back on automatic.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
It can be the gas jet is blocked. You need to remove the outside bottom cover and expose the gas jet block. If you can remove it youll see the tiny aluminium jet in the bottom. Only blow it clean - don't poke it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It can be the gas jet is blocked. You need to remove the outside bottom cover and expose the gas jet block. If you can remove it youll see the tiny aluminium jet in the bottom. Only blow it clean - don't poke it.

Today as it happens I have been giving mine a service and have had this very same jet out and cleaned the flue etc and I can’t believe how much rust is in and around the jet and wonder how it works at all...

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Today as it happens I have been giving mine a service and have had this very same jet out and cleaned the flue etc and I can’t believe how much rust is in and around the jet and wonder how it works at all...

I know.
There must be water in the gas that causes the rusty bits. They do need servicing every few years I reckon, just to blow out the crap in the jet block and the chimney.

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Hi,
I have a Dometic fridge and I am always cleaning the jet, burner and flue. Worth getting yourself a pipe cleaning brush for the job. The amount of rust, dust etc is unbelievable. The gas always works well after a clean providing there is gas?!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Did you have the heating on at the same time? Boilers take quite a lot of gas and it may well have allowed the pressure to drop just enough so that the fail-safe wouldn't allow the fridge to fire up.

You might also check your hob burners are operating at full strength - assuming you've got plenty of gas in the bottles/tank you may - and I say may - be looking at a failing regulator.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Hils

Have you used the fridge on gas recently. If you have had the gas bottles turned off for a while at home then the pipes can slowly depressurise and fill with air. It takes a while to purge this out of the pipes and the fridge can time out its start up process trying to light air rather than gas. Turning off and on again resets the system and it then normally relights ok on the second (or third) attempt.

HTH
Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back