France in september (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Still hoping to go but still a bit confused about current situation! My wife and I are double jabbed and have our NH certificates.As I understand it we have to have a lateral flow test when coming back and see that this can be done at Gravelines where we like to stay night before we travel back.But what would happen if either of us were unfortunate enough to test positive?We couldn’t self isolate for 10 days on an Aire nor would we I assume be allowed to travel back to the. UK.Then we have to book full Covid tests 2 days after returning which I assume is straightforward .but what’s this passenger location form about?

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I've just been all through this in my thread this very afternoon. See here:

The gov't website https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france

says:............

Complete the passenger locator form online​

You can use this service to:

• fill in and submit a passenger locator form before you leave for the UK
  • set up an account to save your details if you travel frequently
  • sign in to your account to edit and submit an unfinished form
You’ll need:

• your passport details or the travel document you’ll use when you arrive at the UK border
  • your travel details, including times and dates
  • the address where you will stay in the UK (if applicable)
  • booking reference numbers for any COVID-19 tests you must take after arriving in the UK
  • the invoice number for your quarantine hotel booking if you need one
If you’re arriving in England and using Test to Release, you’ll also need the name of the test provider you booked with.

You can include multiple journeys in your form if you’ll enter the UK more than once in a 48-hour period.

It is a criminal offence to provide false or deliberately misleading information when filling out your passenger locator form. You could be fined, imprisoned or both if you do not provide accurate details about the countries you have visited in the 10 days before you arrived in the UK.
After you complete the form you will receive a QR code via email. You can print this out or show it on your phone as proof of c

Last edited:

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
As you give the scenario that the LFT gives a positive response. In that situation obviously your certificate would be positive and thus when presented to the ferry operator you would be denied boarding. It would then be your responsibility to sit in the van isolating for 10 days. You would then need to take another LFT until you get a negative. You then can board a ferry and then two days later take another test in the UK.
I read that a family on one of the Spanish islands had such an issue with one of the group giving a positive LFT prior to their flight. As I understand that family member was in their teens and it appears that whole family decided to stay with the younger family member thus missing their flight and then having the difficulty in obtaining accommodation to isolate.
It is something that travellers who have flights will encounter. All travellers should take into consideration this situation if anyone decides to travel outside the UK. I take the view that being in our MH, if such scenario was to be experienced I would have factored this in my travel plans.
if either of us gave a positive result I would just find a quiet Aire and sit it out and if required drive to another location every few days if required. I have a number of the UK free LFT on board and I would keep testing myself everyday until negative and then go to local chemist for test then get back to UK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Then we have to book full Covid tests 2 days after returning which I assume is straightforward .but what’s this passenger location form about
You can either get a Lateral flow test down at a centre in France or purchase one in UK before you go. You then do the test yourself upto 72 hours before returning to Uk. You upload the result online to the provider who send you the result and Fit to travel certificate.
A 2 day test needs to booked before you return and needs to be purchased at least 5 working days prior to return to UK, allowing the test to be delivered on your day of return. When you purchase this 2 day test, you will receive a unique number, which should be added to your UK passenger location form.
https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back