France in July? (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
So the Rugby League Championship fixtures are out and the mighty Oldham are away to Toulouse on 3rd July. What does anyone think of our chances of going?

OP
OP
ChrisSue
Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
I think we might wait a month before deciding. But we are hopeful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
France will probably be open for buisiness by then ..... I hope !

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
So the Rugby League Championship fixtures are out and the mighty Oldham are away to Toulouse on 3rd July. What does anyone think of our chances of going?
I hope you can go as this would mean we can visit our son in Chamonix. I saw him in September my wife hasn’t seen him for nearly a year.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
i think France will be open in May, however I would be less confident of them being open after their holidays if last year is to go by and their apparent laxity in taking up the jab.
Early July should be good to go.
What the rules are for going and coming back is anyone's guess though

OP
OP
ChrisSue
Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
i think France will be open in May, however I would be less confident of them being open after their holidays if last year is to go by and their apparent laxity in taking up the jab.
Early July should be good to go.
What the rules are for going and coming back is anyone's guess though
That's my big worry. If M Macron decides that vaccinated we may be but we could potentially pass it on to Johnny Crapaud. Let's hope the French tourist industry dons its "gilets jaunes"

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
That's my big worry. If M Macron decides that vaccinated we may be but we could potentially pass it on to Johnny Crapaud. Let's hope the French tourist industry dons its "gilets jaunes"
It works in reverse too. If you visit a country where Covid is still rife you risk picking up a new mutation and bringing it back to the UK. The vaccine doesn't give complete protection against contracting the disease although it is expected most vaccinated folk will only have mild symptoms.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
One thing for certain we won't be giving any of our hard earned cash to the french, I have no desire to drive past all our rotting fish on their docks because Macron has seen his arse and is going to get a hard run fight from Jean-Marie Le Pen.

Oct 28, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Van
Exp
18 years
Just my opinion but your wish is a wee bit premature I fear. As we know the virus is a pandemic with mutations yet to materialise. In the UK the immunisation programme is rolling on apace, thankfully with no apparent hiccups - for the moment that is. If only that was replicated world wide to maximise virus suppression then I would have a lot more optimism. As much as I'd like to go to France this summer I'll be staying in the UK for the foreseeable future. We've got an economy to kick-start. Pleased to be proven wrong though ;)

Daz Keach

Free Member
Sep 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Evolution 155
Exp
Since 2018
We were booked for our 1st trip to France last year, then Covid put paid to that, so we have re booked for a similar time this year, early June. Fingers crossed 🤞we can go this time!!

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We were booked on the Santander ferry in April but have now deferred it until Mid September 2021. Hoping that that will be OK but concerned that Portugal has been struck off due to the South American Virus variant and suspect that might be an issue. Maybe have to stick to Spain. If that's all we can get, that will do for us for 5 weeks!

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We were booked on the Santander ferry in April but have now deferred it until Mid September 2021. Hoping that that will be OK but concerned that Portugal has been struck off due to the South American Virus variant and suspect that might be an issue. Maybe have to stick to Spain. If that's all we can get, that will do for us for 5 weeks!
We took the Santander ferry two years ago, spent 6 weeks driving around Northern Spain, never been before and were amazed at the fantastic countryside, we were very lucky with the weather and when things have calmed down we will definitely be returning.
Good luck in whatever you decide.

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
Got tunnel booked for beginning of August , standard booking and last date as i booked August last year and have moved it 3 times . Can bring it forward if safe but will just play it by ear and if i cant go will only have lost £30 of Tesco vouchers .

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Just been talking to my lad (he plays for Widnes) and there is talk Toulouse are to base themselves over here and play all games in this country till all travel restrictions have been lifted in both here and France

OP
OP
ChrisSue
Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Just been talking to my lad (he plays for Widnes) and there is talk Toulouse are to base themselves over here and play all games in this country till all travel restrictions have been lifted in both here and France
That's interesting. We shall see how that pans out. Would have loved to go in July as the 2020 match was in February. Still shirt sleeve weather though.

What's the lads name btw? And, if you are coming to our home game at StalyVegas give us a shout and we'll meet up for a small lemonade

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
France in July 2022 yes - France in 2021 I don't think so. Phase three has not taken hold yet and not all will have had the "jab" then there will be the "jab passport" that will be required across the EU as it's a money-making pot.......

I hate this virus.......................................

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
We have moved the booking we made Christmas 2019 for the summer of 2020 to the summer of 2022

I don't envisage travel being reliable enough to go over the water in 2021.

I'm sticking to mainland UK this year, as worst case I can be home in under 10 hours, and probably a lot less.
I don't fancy a 6-8 week lockdown on a southern European campsite, even if it is nice and sunny and by the sea.

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
What's the lads name btw? And, if you are coming to our home game at StalyVegas give us a shout and we'll meet up for a small lemonade
Shane Grady ,, we'll be at Oldham ,, if allowed

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
In the UK the immunisation programme is rolling on apace, thankfully with no apparent hiccups - for the moment that is. If only that was replicated world wide to maximise virus suppression then I would have a lot more optimism. As much as I'd like to go to France this summer I'll be staying in the UK for the foreseeable future. We've got an economy to kick-start. Pleased to be proven wrong though ;)
Sadly, the vaccination programme is rolling on at a snail's pace here in our part of France. Although I am eligible, it seems to be impossible to book a jab, either on line or via a regional phone number. Initially, only the Pfizer jab was available, but the Oxford/AZ is now available, but only to the under 65s.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back