LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I’m still looking for a definitive answer to this question!

Can I leave the Eurotunnel terminal in coquelles at 0015 (June 18th) and head to an aire within say 30 miles whilst there is a curfew on? If not what are they doing at the terminal to facilitate all those needing to park up till 6.00am the following morning especially as cite Europe no longer permits overnighting?

Anyone?

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I am not 100% sure of this info so you must do your own homework - you can download an attestation form and fill it in to say why you are on the road during curfew. Hopefully there might not be a curfew when you travel, but best to be prepared.

Last edited:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I am not 100% sure of this info so you must do your own homework - you can download an attestation form and fill it in to say why you are on the road during curfew. Hopefully there might not be a curfew when you travel, but best to be prepared.
Curfew apparently ends 30 June depending on data so guess if travelling before that date then you are expected to time arrival to fit in with the 11pm curfew

There is provision in the attestation for essential travel but if arriving for leisure not sure that fits the criteria .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’m still looking for a definitive answer to this question!

Can I leave the Eurotunnel terminal in coquelles at 0015 (June 18th) and head to an aire within say 30 miles whilst there is a curfew on? If not what are they doing at the terminal to facilitate all those needing to park up till 6.00am the following morning especially as cite Europe no longer permits overnighting?

Anyone?
Where are you planning to stop as you are not supposed to arrive at Aires after 10pm in normal times.

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I never knew that! I was gonna probably go somewhere quiet out the way.
Where do peeps go when they all board the late trains then?🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Where are you planning to stop as you are not supposed to arrive at Aires after 10pm in normal times.
With this info and the curfew crap, might be easier changing my crossing, but god the prices have gone up for the day after🤔🤔

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Might be useful to anyone booked to come over once we are open

This was confirmation from the French Embassy in London on another fb yesterday:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

All foreigners when entering France should be in a position to produce to the Immigration officer the following documents:
1. Motive of stay in France:
- for tourism: hotel reservation (in the absence of a hotel reservation, the traveller has to prove that he possesses means of living of at least 120€ per day – see point 2, documents from a travel agency ;
- for a professional visit: letter from the employer, invitation from a French firm or organization ;
- for a private visit: “attestation d'accueil” delivered by the “mairie” ;
2. Means of living (cash, traveller's cheques, valid international credit card...) along with an insurance certificate covering all medical, hospital and funeral expenses, which may be incurred during the entire period of your stay in France, including repatriation costs on medical grounds ;
3. Guarantees of return: return ticket.

Cordialement/ Regards,

MT
Consulat Général de France à Londres/ French Consulate General, London
21 Cromwell Road
LONDON – SW7 2EN
www.ambafrance-uk.org

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Might be useful to anyone booked to come over once we are open

This was confirmation from the French Embassy in London on another fb yesterday:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

All foreigners when entering France should be in a position to produce to the Immigration officer the following documents:
1. Motive of stay in France:
- for tourism: hotel reservation (in the absence of a hotel reservation, the traveller has to prove that he possesses means of living of at least 120€ per day – see point 2, documents from a travel agency ;
- for a professional visit: letter from the employer, invitation from a French firm or organization ;
- for a private visit: “attestation d'accueil” delivered by the “mairie” ;
2. Means of living (cash, traveller's cheques, valid international credit card...) along with an insurance certificate covering all medical, hospital and funeral expenses, which may be incurred during the entire period of your stay in France, including repatriation costs on medical grounds ;
3. Guarantees of return: return ticket.

Cordialement/ Regards,

MT
Consulat Général de France à Londres/ French Consulate General, London
21 Cromwell Road
LONDON – SW7 2EN
www.ambafrance-uk.org
Yes spitfire there's been a lot about this on FB recently - more bureaucracy and the proof of means is €120 per person per day, so could be quite onerous for a family on holiday for 2-3 weeks. Might be worth starting a separate so to make sure people are aware?

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Yes spitfire there's been a lot about this on FB recently - more bureaucracy and the proof of means is €120 per person per day, so could be quite onerous for a family on holiday for 2-3 weeks. Might be worth starting a separate so to make sure people are aware?
I thought that was in the absence of a hotel reservation!
What happens if you’re just landing at coquelles and heading straight to Belgium??
I would never dream of spending €120 per day in France or anywhere else🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Also insurance for medical and repatriation .
No flack so far so might leave it where it is . Nothing new always been the rules for TCN’s visiting . But feel free to repost if you want lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back