Ford Transit Mk8 facelift recall. (1 Viewer)

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Our local Transit Centre, Stoneacre in York, informed me today that Mk8 facelift (2019 onwards) Transits have issues with injector corrosion particularly found on motorhomes due to low mileage & extended periods of inactivity.

They have issued a factory recall so for those who have not yet had their first annual service, the job will be done then.

Our 2020 registered Transit has developed a small fuel leak around the engine which they suspect has been caused by the corrosion issue. Both the garage and Comfort insurance have said not to drive the vehicle but rather have it recovered to dealership as driving whilst having even the smallest of fuel leaks will void the 3 year warranty.

... We've been all over bloody Scotland!

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Do keep the drains clear on the windclscreen scuttle...

There is a fix to improve the scuttles drainage as they both block with leaves and drain into the engine bay.

I need to modify mine before too long.

Cheers James

EML

Sep 18, 2018
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
15 years
Do keep the drains clear on the windclscreen scuttle...

There is a fix to improve the scuttles drainage as they both block with leaves and drain into the engine bay.
I'm constantly clearing out those drainage holes - can you point me to the fix?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Our local Transit Centre, Stoneacre in York, informed me today that Mk8 facelift (2019 onwards) Transits have issues with injector corrosion particularly found on motorhomes due to low mileage & extended periods of inactivity.

They have issued a factory recall so for those who have not yet had their first annual service, the job will be done then.

Our 2020 registered Transit has developed a small fuel leak around the engine which they suspect has been caused by the corrosion issue. Both the garage and Comfort insurance have said not to drive the vehicle but rather have it recovered to dealership as driving whilst having even the smallest of fuel leaks will void the 3 year warranty.

... We've been all over bloody Scotland!
I think we followed your fuel trail last week in Dumfries and Galloway ...

Steve

OP
OP
Jonno1103

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
I think we followed your fuel trail last week in Dumfries and Galloway ...

Steve
Not me Steve, our leak is very, very small and seems to be coming from the injector pump plus it doesn't effect the vans performance at all. After a visit from the AA and another chat with Stoneacre I drove it across to York and will have back on Friday, job done and fully serviced.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Not me Steve, our leak is very, very small and seems to be coming from the injector pump plus it doesn't effect the vans performance at all. After a visit from the AA and another chat with Stoneacre I drove it across to York and will have back on Friday, job done and fully serviced.
Glad it's all fixed! I've seen on another thread that the Tranny is a wee bit thirsty, but, having watched the, ahem, spirited driving of 2 who passed me on the M77 and mate, I'm not surprised by the thirst! 'Home, James, and don't spare the horses' doesn't begin to describe the style. I'd never really associated the terms 'Boy Racer' and 'Motorhome' before watching them fly!

Steve

OP
OP
Jonno1103

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Glad it's all fixed! I've seen on another thread that the Tranny is a wee bit thirsty, but, having watched the, ahem, spirited driving of 2 who passed me on the M77 and mate, I'm not surprised by the thirst! 'Home, James, and don't spare the horses' doesn't begin to describe the style. I'd never really associated the terms 'Boy Racer' and 'Motorhome' before watching them fly!

Steve
Er, yeah... I've been known to be a tad enthusiastic! We have the 130ps in ours which has more tug than Fiats new 160ps and you do need to watch yourself or you'll be doing 80 with very little effort plus 60 comes and goes quite rapidly on motorway entry sliproads. 73 on the speedo is 70 on the GPS and she'll sit doing that all day long at 2100 revs. The 170ps must be a beast of a thing and again has more punch that Fiats 180ps... the dealers must be nuts as they are opting for it even in the smaller 6m long F60 & F62 which has a very similar layout to your Ixeo.

We'll use a full tank, 70L, driving from Harrogate to around Torquay, about 320 motorway miles trying to maintain 70... and I'll admit to being a little rapid on the M77 heading to and from Killy when we did Arran.

What I don't get? You can do 70 on the duel carriageway in Dumbarton towards the Erskine Bridge but then you're down to 60 & 50 on the mate & parts of the M74.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Er, yeah... I've been known to be a tad enthusiastic! We have the 130ps in ours which has more tug than Fiats new 160ps and you do need to watch yourself or you'll be doing 80 with very little effort plus 60 comes and goes quite rapidly on motorway entry sliproads. 73 on the speedo is 70 on the GPS and she'll sit doing that all day long at 2100 revs. The 170ps must be a beast of a thing and again has more punch that Fiats 180ps... the dealers must be nuts as they are opting for it even in the smaller 6m long F60 & F62 which has a very similar layout to your Ixeo.

We'll use a full tank, 70L, driving from Harrogate to around Torquay, about 320 motorway miles trying to maintain 70... and I'll admit to being a little rapid on the M77 heading to and from Killy when we did Arran.

What I don't get? You can do 70 on the duel carriageway in Dumbarton towards the Erskine Bridge but then you're down to 60 & 50 on the mate & parts of the M74.
We've covered just shy of 2300 miles in the 16 weeks of ownership and my more modest 60-65mph on GPS [the latter after the engine 'loosened up' as 10,000 miles appeared on the odometer and she began to rev more freely] has given 31-32mpg on each tankful [measured to the first click on the pump, not relying on Fiat's optimistic data], and an overall 29.21mpg for the 2300 miles [bearing in mind the distortion of putting in exactly 72 litres of diesel after 4 miles of ownership!]. So my trip to Torquay would need about 46 litres of diesel, but probably 2 overnight stops because of the lower average speed ;). I'm not miserly, more 'enviromentally respectful' ..

Steve

OP
OP
Jonno1103

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
I'm not miserly, more 'enviromentally respectful' ..
Not to mention that you're coming from Fife which adds around another 250 miles and 5/6 hours with a couple of more stops.

The DPF and Adblue scrubber on the Ford is bolted onto the exhaust manifold hence why it gets the full Euro6 classification.

It produces less NOx, meaning I can drive faster and buy more fuel helping to empty the refineries quicker in readiness for going all electric.

... Honest!:wink:

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010

I found 70 is the sweet spot, 62 which she was limited to wasn't very smooth pinking as it were.
Much better at over 2000rpm.

Cheers James

May 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail F70
i can confirm the 170ps is “fun”

OP
OP
Jonno1103

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
i can confirm the 170ps is “fun”
We were getting the 170 in Kappor red originally but the build time moved 2 weeks and we would have missed our holiday so we opted for a grey 130 Brownhills had ready to go.

EML

Sep 18, 2018
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
15 years

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!