Foot & Mouth food restrictions in France

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by asjs, Oct 2, 2007.

1. asjs

asjs

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Does anyone know if there are still food restrictions in France. I am catching a ferry on the 15th and I don't want to have to throw any food away at the ferry terminal. Thanks. :thumb:

2. Stew

Stew Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    We came back early september and there was then but not sure now , having said that we still took meat etc with us and no one stopped to check.

3. vicdicdoc

vicdicdoc

Ratings:
    +0
    We went over to France 4 weeks ago & returned last week - no restrictions at all, I phoned DEFRA who assured me restrictions have been lifted for 'foot & mouth' but don't know about this 'blue tongue' . . worth just giving them and the ferry company a quick call

4. rebbyvid

rebbyvid

Ratings:
    +0
    Went last week and no restrictions then
    Rob

5. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +17,101
    A posting on the dark side states that staff at the Hull ferry terminal were confiscating all meat and dairy products last Saturday.

6. asjs

asjs

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Thanks for all the replies. I have looked on the DEFRA web site and is is not very clear, so I will ring the ferry company as vicdicdoc suggests, again thanks.:thumb:
    P.s It's it's a bit mad at the moment :whatthe::whatthe:emptying my van ready to pick up a new one on Tuesday and then catching a ferry the following Sunday. I will be glad when it's the Thursday after the ferry and I will be in sunny Spain.:thumb:

7. Don Madge

Don Madge Funster

Ratings:
    +107