Folding e bike recommendations (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
All folding bikes are fairly bulky, even non-electric ones, so depending on the size of you bench seats you may, or may not, be able to get one in there - don't forget you'll have to be able to lift it in/out too and they can be heavy even with the battery removed. The only obvious one is a Brompton but they are expensive.

If you go for 16" wheels rather than the usual 20" you might be able to do it, but its difficult to advise as you really need to be able to try putting one in/taking it out before committing.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
We have Wisper 805SEs - fold well, 16” wheels and not a bad price. But, as Mel said, quite bulky when folded - I couldn’t envisage getting one into the space under any bench seat I know. Maybe others have found otherwise?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
we have the AS electric folding bikes... no convinced they would fit under our benches though

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
A GoCyle might fit. Briliant electric bike but pricey. Folds down and has quick release wheels. Very light too.
Broken Link Removed:

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Under the fixed double french bed?
Maybe - but bear in mind they are typically 16kg+ and quite bulky when folded. Lifting 2 into the void under a fixed bed would be pretty heavy work and probably at a difficult angle? Not sure I’d be able to do it - my son almost certainly could.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Wew have a couple we bought in Dusseldorf - the big downside is weight so when looking do check just how much they weigh. Even with the battery out ours are pretty heavy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Under the fixed double french bed?
Maybe - but bear in mind they are typically 16kg+ and quite bulky when folded. Lifting 2 into the void under a fixed bed would be pretty heavy work and probably at a difficult angle? Not sure I’d be able to do it - my son almost certainly could.
Agree with SB - we had some folding bikes when we had a Rapido with a French bed and whilst it was still under the 2 year warranty hubby wouldn't let me put a bike rack on so we had to keep putting them under the French bed from the inside as they wouldn't fit through the external locker door ... needless to say it was a pain in the bum so they rarely came out ... as soon as it was out of warranty I put a rack on ... he was having palpitations :eek: but it was easy to do. When I then wanted to put a through the roof aerial on I waited until he was at work to do it! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back