Floor repair. (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Hello, whilst away last weekend I tracked down the source of an annoying squeak, which turned out to be some delamination of the floor sandwich, specifically an area of about 1 sq. foot. I covered the area with a bag of sand and drove the motorhome, and the noise all but disappeared. It's at the floor junction between the fridge/freezer, and hard up against the shower pod, but hopefully not under!!
The repair will be covered under the warranty that came with the van [ still not good though is it :worried:].
I was given the contact details for Express Bodywork [ Leighton Buzzard ] by the seller [ Goodmans Motorhomes] as a reputable repairer. They are about 2 hours away from me.
I wondered if the Forums knowledge was able to recommend a reputable repairer closer to the mid Surrey area.
Having looked on line, I'm sure I could undertake the repair myself, but that would probably invalidate any warranty that's in place, and apart from that, I shouldn't have to, it's only just over 2 years old!!!
Regards.
Mike

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
I would use the recommended repairer given to you by the seller if they are coving the costs.

Yes, they are 2hrs away (4hr round trip) but over the next few years you will be having habitation checks at hundreds of pounds to keep your warrenty, so just make a day of it and take a picnic and go for a wonder

Whatever you do, don't attempt a repair yourself or that will undoubtedly void any warranty or insurance you have on your van

Is a little time lost worth years of frustration, nagging from the betted half, what ifs and I told you so, because you tried to cut corners

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back