fitting Lithium to Sargent EC500 (2 Viewers)

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Hi Help please, has anyone fitted Lithium to a motor home with the sergeant EC500 system. I have already changed the solar to a Victron MMPT. and i also understand i will need to change the battery charger to one with Lithium profile.

i have contacted sergeant who have said change the battery charger and everything will be OK. - thats fine but reading on here i am hearing BMS, thicker cables to Alternator etc..
Could some please point me in the right direction

thanks

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Sorry. I think it's all to new for many of us. Read that a few have undertaken the change but nothing specific to Sargent unit.
Have a BUMP đź‘Ť

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Thanks
Reactions: TCG
May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Until this year Autosleepers used the EC 500 system but have announced a change to lithium. Currently information is that you cannot retrofit so must be other changes. You could try to see if they are publishing any technical details. There’s been various previous threads on this topic if you can find them

• Thanks
Oct 18, 2019
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway EB
Exp
New
There's a thread on the Autosleepers forum under Technical Chat entitled Fitting DC2DC charger and lithium leisure where this topic is discussed.

Not sure if it's proper etiquette to link directly to another forum but you should find it from the above.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Thanks
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I know nothing about the EC500 but if the existing mains charger has a Gel or AGM setting with a 14.4V output it may be ok. Check what the battery manufacturer says about charging. My Relion instructions say a Gel or AGM setting is within the acceptable parameters but not the setting for flooded lead acid.

I have been running my Relion LiFePO4 battery with my CBE charger set to Gel for over a year now with no problems. The charger might very slightly under charge the battery but this does it no harm, some even say it is prolongs the life (unlike lead acid types which it can damage). When you are on mains you don’t need a full battery and hopefully your alternator charging and solar take care of off grid charging.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back