Fitting armrest to rear travel seat. (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Having purchased recently a Hymer Grand Canyon S , upgraded from a VW California with a full width rear bench seat I'm looking to add an arm rest (aisle side) to the travel seat.
We have two kids, I knew the Hymers travel seats would be a compromise and wish to make it as comfortable as I can.
Constant arguments on who sits next to the window to have something to lean on is proving a challenge, anyone with teenagers will know they become very possessive about THEIR SPACR !
The seat has isofix, behind the back rest is a tubular frame, obviously I dont wish to drill the frame but wondered of a clamp could be used ?
Has anyone done this before, any ideas gratefully recieved.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Having purchased recently a Hymer Grand Canyon S , upgraded from a VW California with a full width rear bench seat I'm looking to add an arm rest (aisle side) to the travel seat.
We have two kids, I knew the Hymers travel seats would be a compromise and wish to make it as comfortable as I can.
Constant arguments on who sits next to the window to have something to lean on is proving a challenge, anyone with teenagers will know they become very possessive about THEIR SPACR !
The seat has isofix, behind the back rest is a tubular frame, obviously I dont wish to drill the frame but wondered of a clamp could be used ?
Has anyone done this before, any ideas gratefully recieved.
This sounds like a fantastic idea . I am sure someone out there must have tried it at some point . Will see what I can dig up šŸ‘šŸ»

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Assuming this is what your layout and seats are like I wouldn't fit an armrest permanently as it will be in the way when you're stationary:

1603063225970.png
1603063206568.png

Off the top of my head (bearing in mind it's past my bedtime!) I'm wondering about something with a 90 degree angle, like a very large version of a bookend (see below) which can be padded to make it safe - it could then be slotted under the base cushion and thus held in place when it's sat on. This could then be removed when not travelling.

1603063934402.png

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
Noneā€¦ā€¦..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
If all else fails, get them to wear a sling to support their arm!

(Iā€™ll get me coat:imoutahere:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back