Firestick 4k (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
This has been a great buy for use whilst abroad. Using my iPhone as the internet source and my Amazon Prime account, I have been watching Prime and the main UK terrestrial tv (BBC, ITV Channel 4 etc).
However, on some sites there has been strong wifi and whilst the Firestick shows the wifi, it only connects using my iPhone. In other words it seems that the Amazon Prime is tied to my iPhone internet.

Is it possible to set up an alternative profile so it connects to the wifi when available and if so, how to configure the Firestick.

Thanks

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Thanks for that, off to Portugal soon and the wife moans if she can't get English telly. Just ordered it so I can't answer your question.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
amazon is linked to your phone as its UK based. if you want to use non UK wifi / non account linked you will probably need a VPN to fool it into thinking you are in UK.

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
"the wife moans" as in "why haven't you put the bins out?" "You're taking so long to put those shelves up" "do you call that clean?" :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Have you gone into the firesticks settings and altered what network to connect too?

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Found this:

Fire TV Stick
  1. Select Settings > Network from the Fire TV menu. Your device automatically detects nearby networks.
  2. Select your preferred network. ...
  3. Enter the network password, if needed. ...
  4. A confirmation message appears on-screen when your device is connected to your selected network.

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Have you gone into the firesticks settings and altered what network to connect too?
Yes, I have tried that. I see all the available networks (including my personal hotspot from my iPhone). I choose one of them (so as not to use my data from the UK) and whilst my it connects, nothing loads/plays.

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Connects ok. But nowt plays. If I then select my iPhone it connects and I can load all apps, Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer etc.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
This has been a great buy for use whilst abroad. Using my iPhone as the internet source and my Amazon Prime account, I have been watching Prime and the main UK terrestrial tv (BBC, ITV Channel 4 etc).
However, on some sites there has been strong wifi and whilst the Firestick shows the wifi, it only connects using my iPhone. In other words it seems that the Amazon Prime is tied to my iPhone internet.

Is it possible to set up an alternative profile so it connects to the wifi when available and if so, how to configure the Firestick.

Thanks
I have a Firestick, Now TV stick and Chromecast in the camper and they all will work from my phone, my iPad or my WiFi router so no reason why yours shouldn't do the same

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I don't know who's wifi you have specifically connected to, but with some, after connecting, you have to open a browser and register/logon...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back