Finding a rear number plate in Spain (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
just arrived at Lo Monte campsite in Torre de la Horadada and my rear number plate, on the cycle rack has disappeared. It was screwed on and the plate has smashed off leaving the bolts behind. Down these parts for a month, this site for a week, and need to source a new Yellow rear UK plate

I have tried Nauroauto, at La Zenia, and they do not make them. I have a plate on the van, but it is held on by adhesive tabs and I will try to remove it as a last resort

Anyone got any ideas? Did wonder about EBay, posted to Spain

TIA

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Without doubt, Amazon.
Same happened to a Brit on Sicily last year, arrived within a week. Just need to troll through who will post abroad.
Kev.

100brian

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
isle of man
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
since 1990
just arrived at Lo Monte campsite in Torre de la Horadada and my rear number plate, on the cycle rack has disappeared. It was screwed on and the plate has smashed off leaving the bolts behind. Down these parts for a month, this site for a week, and need to source a new Yellow rear UK plate

I have tried Nauroauto, at La Zenia, and they do not make them. I have a plate on the van, but it is held on by adhesive tabs and I will try to remove it as a last resort

TIA
Yellow plastic with some stick on numbers and letters from Chinese shop. Till you get back home.

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017

TIA
Do you carry your V5 registration document with you ?

poacher

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2008
Funster No
?? What would the locals do - if the local chinese shop cannot help ??

Visit a local display / banner / advertising 'manufacturer' / stationers / photocopier shop / printers - they will have a 'plastic' printer and could make you one up on adhesive film

(Dimensions / fonts / character sizes / spacing etc available in the Regs on-line)

A local sign manufacturer will probably have an off-cut of plastic that can be cut to size

(So, you might not have the BS145d marking on the plate or the GB Euro flag but it will probably get you home without question)

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Removing the rear number plate is actually quite easy if its stuck on. Get yourself some heavy duty Velcro for when it needs to go back on, and maybe sort out a couple of small metal plates for the cycle rack so it can be Velcroed to that too. No doubt somebody will be able to tell you the Spanish for "heavy duty". Trip to the bricolage should sort you out.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I assume you will be supplying a show plate.
I Cant imagine you breaking the terms of your supplier registration

That does sound a bit like 'UMMM! I am telling teacher attitude.
The niceties of the crossed Ts and Dotted Is is all very well but it is a matter of a number plate or a bit of cardboard to carry on all he needs do is email the V5 copy and personal details, Crooks make their own and the law abiding get stuffed when away from home.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Just go to a spanish plate supplier & show V5 & ask for a plate. No one except in the Uk is interested in the colour.
That may be true, but when we had a similar problem in France last summer it wouldn’t have helped.

We lost a front numberplate plate, and noticed it when parked at lunchtime on a centre commercial. There was a Feu Vert there, we went in when they opened, but no dice. French plates now are mainly produced on a computer and printed - their format wouldn’t work with a British plate in LL NN LLL style. We tried old style die press on metal plates, but not all letters are used in France. In the end, we traced the letters and numbers from the back plate, cut them out from black sticky plastic, mounted on white (or yellow in OP’s case) plastic and covered the lot in clear plastic. Not perfect, perhaps, but good enough to get through number recognition cameras at campsites, until our son, who was coming out to join us, brought a “proper “ replacement from the dealer.

Suffice to say we now have a set of spare numberplates, just in case.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
That does sound a bit like 'UMMM! I am telling teacher attitude.
The niceties of the crossed Ts and Dotted Is is all very well but it is a matter of a number plate or a bit of cardboard to carry on all he needs do is email the V5 copy and personal details, Crooks make their own and the law abiding get stuffed when away from home.

Quite the opposite,
I was merely pointing out the error of his ways on a public forum,jeopardising a lucrative portion of his income to help another Funster
he should, as a Reg Plate supplier be well aware that his proposal was illegal and it placed his licence to supply in danger

IF he wasn't i just gave him a nudge to point out Show Plates do not come under the same regulations, thereby protecting himself.
The highlighted part of your statement shows what little you actually know about Reg Plate suppliers licences or the documents required

Not to worry, next time I see someone making a noose for their own neck, I shall ponder your comments along with those of the two that agreed with you and offer a stronger rope that they may succeed in their attempted suicide:RollEyes:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Quite the opposite,
I was merely pointing out the error of his ways on a public forum,jeopardising a lucrative portion of his income to help another Funster
he should, as a Reg Plate supplier be well aware that his proposal was illegal and it placed his licence to supply in danger

IF he wasn't i just gave him a nudge to point out Show Plates do not come under the same regulations, thereby protecting himself.
The highlighted part of your statement shows what little you actually know about Reg Plate suppliers licences or the documents required

Not to worry, next time I see someone making a noose for their own neck, I shall ponder your comments along with those of the two that agreed with you and offer a stronger rope that they may succeed in their attempted suicide:RollEyes:

Thank you. I never forget.If I want a hand to hang myself I can assure you there will be a pile of bodies before I go.
It is only people accepting of all these odd ball rules without making a fuss, imposed on the population by the scum above & there representatives that allows us to be controlled by the few & have to put up with old b****ks like this.Instead of cracking down on those doing the cloning, thieving, drug dealing , stealing, etc;etc;
When we can legally execute all this scum first followed by all & any making nonsensical rules, then we have a chance.

Deleted User
Thank you. I never forget.If I want a hand to hang myself I can assure you there will be a pile of bodies before I go.
It is only people accepting of all these odd ball rules without making a fuss, imposed on the population by the scum above & there representatives that allows us to be controlled by the few & have to put up with old b****ks like this.Instead of cracking down on those doing the cloning, thieving, drug dealing , stealing, etc;etc;
When we can legally execute all this scum first followed by all & any making nonsensical rules, then we have a chance.

There are very good reasons why the rules about number plate production were introduced!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You need to take more water with it Gus
This is not an Anti Establishment thread.
If it were you have already lost the argument, you want Law and Order but want to pick and choose what you want to obey

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
This is not an Anti Establishment thread.

It does however highlight the problems created by the government's crackdown on number plate manufacture. technically you have to send the original V5 through the mail I believe as the original V5 needs to be seen to issue a plate.

This caused me great problems when trying to make up plates for a Japanese van that could only fit a particular (but still UK legal) size of plate that were not made locally to me.

Criminals (who by definition are happy to break the law) don't bother and just continue making the plates that they want to regardless, this law only inconveniences the masses.
And what's it for? Its for tracking law abiding people and farming them via speed cameras, it's simply another scam from government who wants to automate speed camera revenue.

As for show plates, I don't think you can technically buy them from eBay anymore, I couldn't manage it last year anyway, they'd all disappeared. What a complete waste of everyone's time.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Agreed !
I could do MoT Certificates by post But I dont, even if I did I would not advertise the fact on an open forum
PM me for details :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
No such thing as show plates, hasn't been for years. Anything that could in any way be taken to resemble a number plate even if the registration mark displayed has not been issued is a counterfeit number plate under Vehicles Crime Act legislation unless it has been lawfully produced and details recorded in compliance with the regulations.

The last supplier I had dealing with for this several years ago was a regular supplier at open markets and fairs as well as online until we seized his number plate making equipment and found hundreds of plates corresponding to false plates used on stolen vehicles we had recovered and other vehicles used to commit crimes. He earned a holiday in one of Her Majesty's full board establishments after his trial.

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Agreed !
I could do MoT Certificates by post But I dont, even if I did I would not advertise the fact on an open forum
PM me for details :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Oh poop! You beat me to it.

I was at a wedding a few months ago and was offered an Mot if I didn't want to keep returning to the UK.

It wasn't you I met at a wedding in Hampshire last July was it?? :wink:

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
I digress, but I have had some cheap French wine, so who cares!

Talking of number plates....

In a previous life there might have been a senior officer who was a complete twat. Someone I know might have 'borrowed' the plates from his car, put them on an identical car, (even to the sticker in the rear window. The devil is in the detail don't you know), and driven around for a wee while using the same journey he used to set off all of the speed cameras.

One of someone I know's proudest moments in the Metrolopitan Police Farce.
PS That someone I know was off duty at the time, prepared to sacrifice his own time for the cause.:cheers:

PPS please don't get upset, you know who you are!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
There are very good reasons why the rules about number plate production were introduced!
Yes we know but it would have been better , if a little more difficult , to crack down on the scum & save the ones in the middles paying to support both those above & below yet more inconvenience.

If it were you have already lost the argument, you want Law and Order but want to pick and choose what you want to obey
I want my law & order & which is the summary execution of all criminals , anyone caught fiddling the books, corrupt politicians, council officials police,etc;etc:
I don't want stupid laws introduced as a cover all rather than addressing the one specific issue only.
Criminals (who by definition are happy to break the law) don't bother and just continue making the plates that they want to regardless, this law only inconveniences the masses.
Exactly , as do all the laws made by politicians. Knee jerk reactions as it is easier than doing a proper job.

He earned a holiday in one of Her Majesty's full board establishments after his trial.
& ?? He 'll be coming out , doing it again . Waste of time they just need executing.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes we know but it would have been better , if a little more difficult , to crack down on the scum & save the ones in the middles paying to support both those above & below yet more inconvenience.

I want my law & order & which is the summary execution of all criminals , anyone caught fiddling the books, corrupt politicians, council officials police,etc;etc:
I don't want stupid laws introduced as a cover all rather than addressing the one specific issue only.

Exactly , as do all the laws made by politicians. Knee jerk reactions as it is easier than doing a proper job.

& ?? He 'll be coming out , doing it again . Waste of time they just need executing.
Knee Jerk Comments and fantasy solutions Gus

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Quite the opposite,

As one of the ones who you will kindly supply the rope to, can i say ta in advance.
My reasoning for liking it was that, unfortunately, your post came across to me in the same manner.
However, now you have explained it, I thank you for your courtesy and will of course not request a blindfold, but if there were any chance of auto erotic asphyxiation, as an option, could it please be considered (No i am not inviting you) (y)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
I digress, but I have had some cheap French wine, so who cares!

Talking of number plates....

In a previous life there might have been a senior officer who was a complete twat. Someone I know might have 'borrowed' the plates from his car, put them on an identical car, (even to the sticker in the rear window. The devil is in the detail don't you know), and driven around for a wee while using the same journey he used to set off all of the speed cameras.

One of someone I know's proudest moments in the Metrolopitan Police Farce.
PS That someone I know was off duty at the time, prepared to sacrifice his own time for the cause.:cheers:

PPS please don't get upset, you know who you are!
You werent part of the crew, who went through the speed cameras in a marked up car, hid the reg number, 5 of them in the back, and all moonied the camera were you ?

They forgot about the roof markings !!!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
As one of the ones who you will kindly supply the rope to, can i say ta in advance.
My reasoning for liking it was that, unfortunately, your post came across to me in the same manner.
However, now you have explained it, I thank you for your courtesy and will of course not request a blindfold, but if there were any chance of auto erotic asphyxiation, as an option, could it please be considered (No i am not inviting you) (y)
If you take the time to read the post quoted properly you will find you were not offered a rope at all
Speed reading is a common failure

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
If you take the time to read the post quoted properly you will find you were not offered a rope at all
Speed reading is a common failure
Youre right. You offered me a stronger rope.

Not to worry, next time I see someone making a noose for their own neck, I shall ponder your comments along with those of the two that agreed with you and offer a stronger rope that they may succeed in their attempted suicide

Or are my speed reading skills misleading me or my understanding of the 3rd person plural ?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Youre right. You offered me a stronger rope.

Not to worry, next time I see someone making a noose for their own neck, I shall ponder your comments along with those of the two that agreed with you and offer a stronger rope that they may succeed in their attempted suicide

Or are my speed reading skills misleading me or my understanding of the 3rd person plural ?
Indeed they are rather badly
I offered you nothing re read till it makes sense
The rope stronger or otherwise was offered to other future transgressors of legalities
rather than helpful advise
as per your support that suggests helpful advise is a no no to be seen as telling teacher

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back