Finally given in and now SORN (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Couldn’t go away as tier 3 so we were using it locally for picnics and taking the bikes out. Well we are now in tier 4 so won’t be driving to exercise anywhere.

Alas I have finally admitted defeat and it is SORN until things improve.

Wishing all you people a Happy New Year. Hope you all stay safe and here is to more motorhoming in 2021! 👍

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Not yet having succumbed to the untouchable SORN, we still live in hope and at present in Tier 4, hoping to be able to travel once more next year.
Trying to work out when, or at least how soon it may be possible. I am in the first batch and should be jabbed before 20th January. My wife falls into the next category, so her earliest date could be February. Add to her date around 20 days, so with luck we may be able to look favourably on visiting Peterborough Motorhome Show in April but should we risk booking?
She says YES!

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I’ve SORNed today too, going into tier 4 was the final straw :crying1:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
SORNed ours a couple of weeks ago and the MOT runs out in a few days, so regretfully it will now sit on the drive, waiting for this madness to end, then I get to sort it all out. Just seems pointless to have either and it just sitting there.

Still insured though. :gum:

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Lets be realistic.
None of us in the UK will be permitted to move this side of Easter 2021.

I have a booking for Peterborough in April 21 (2020's booking passed on)
But I'd be surprised if we attend, unless we can socially distance as I don't see us getting the vaccine before mid summer

Bobby dazzler

Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
me too sorned and mot due to run out think it will be at least april before things improve. and i dont see the point in taking it out for a run and getting hassle off people or the old bill who think i am on a jolly.
tier 4 is lockdown in all but name

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Alas I have finally admitted defeat and it is SORN until things improve.

I’ve SORNed today too, going into tier 4 was the final straw :crying1:
SNAP. We've bitten the bullet as well, as Tier 4 is actual lockdown.
The car will remain taxed, as I need it for the weekly food shopping.

We are loath to book any of the MH Shows just yet. 😕

Cheers,

Jock. 🙂

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think we'll take ours for a run today then sorn it. I've been jabbed but I think the tiers won't be relaxed until the majority of over 50,s are done with at least one dose and its going to slow down a lot in 9weeks time when they can't put off the second doses any longer in fact all the capacity will be on second doses unless there is extra provision.

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
SORN'd the mh yesterday as Cambs went from T2 to T4. We usually use it over the winter but can't travel unless for essential activity. Lets hope most of 2021 is better than 2020🤞

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I've been to the DVLA sorn site twice in the last 2 days but cannot do the deed. I have thought bout putting the car in the garage and run the van as I have been doing but the car is not worth sorning as it is only £30 a year.

Is there any therapy available to help me before, during and after the process. :(

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I taxed the MH in January for 12 months, getting in 4 weeks of holiday before shielding from 3rd March then SORNed it at the end of the month: Lockdown 1.
I retaxed it in June for an MOT (it could have been extended but I'd rather have work done during the summer than the depths of winter). We got away for a few days and a few nights, including Dad's funeral.
SORNed again in October with Lockdown 2.0.
Retaxed at the start of December but only managed one day out, when our electricity supply was being cut off for tree-felling. We had "plans" but the numbers kept going up, so we stayed safe and it hasn't moved again.
Now we're in T4 so it will be SORNed once more: it's only a few minutes work and saves £23 per month. The hardest part is paying the cheque into the bank!

Remember: pay by Tesco credit card and get all those extra Clubcard points for a cheap chunnel crossing: I've forked out £800+ this year and got most of it back from DVLA but I keep the points! :giggle:

2021 MUST be better? - Gordon

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I've been to the DVLA sorn site twice in the last 2 days but cannot do the deed. I have thought bout putting the car in the garage and run the van as I have been doing but the car is not worth sorning as it is only £30 a year.

Is there any therapy available to help me before, during and after the process. :(
:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
SORNED

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

You can do it ... just think of the £14 (PHGV) or £23 (LHGV) you'll save each month and what you could spend it on instead ... a bottle of whisky, chocolate, beer ... struggling to think of other things that funsters really like as much! :giggle:

We SORNed ours when the first lockdown started, re-taxed for August then SORNed again until this month as we had to take it to have some warranty work and hab check done, so I'm going to SORN it again today.

Despite us remaining in Tier 3 so we could officially have jaunts out in it, there's no point as we won't stay overnight anywhere and with the roads being icy wouldn't want to risk a prang that knowing our recent luck would happen!

AnnK

Free Member
Jan 19, 2017
North West
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 580pr
Exp
Since 2016

I find its like taking off a plaster, the quicker you do it the better 🤣

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

You just know what Doctor Duck would recommend, don't you? :wine:

Sadly I sorned mine yesterday...... doesn't look like much travel for any of us anytime soon

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Just done ours. :( :( :(

Keep watching out door videos on YouTube to get my fix.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Just done our van as well
Don't normally but even giving it a run out just now is counter productive as the roads are mankie
No plans to be exercising far from home
It's our back up transport but its not difficult to re tax if need be
Liked Spriddler idea

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
You just know what Doctor Duck would recommend, don't you? :wine:

Sadly I sorned mine yesterday...... doesn't look like much travel for any of us anytime soon
My oldest friend sent me Gin for Christmas and the Iceland guy bought the lemonade......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back