Finally collected (1 Viewer)

Jun 13, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T68 XV.
Exp
On Saturday after a couple of delays we have collected Cev.
First delay, oops, just checked alarm and tracker not fitted, can you come at 12 rather than 10.
Ok, 12 arrive, sorry just spotted that we haven’t fitted the reverse camera or stereo head unit. You can take now and bring back.
We left it.
T68 XV collected Saturday, you have the videos, what videos, the ones which show you how to use it, er no!

Checked as best we could and left, and on the way home, the engine management light came on so now booked to go to Fiat dealer for them to sort. Wondering if the systems fix for the dpf filter wasn’t done at the PDI.

Anyway, it’s ours now, sod these little blips, looking forward to getting out and about. First trip booked is Beechwood Grange at York, hope I don’t get told off for having a barbecue again!

nextjob semi-air suspension and two bar next.

Happy Sunlighting all

Attachments

• C705AAA1-4A69-49DA-ABBF-1EB56043F3FB.jpeg
    C705AAA1-4A69-49DA-ABBF-1EB56043F3FB.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 144

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Limousin France & Yorkshire UK
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
Congratulations on your new van. The black and silver finish looks really nice.

Delivery can be a stressful time - at least it was for me. Ours was nearly delayed by an air bag warning light although the dealer pulled out the stops to fit a replacement module. We still have missing items from the spec and teething problems which are Fiat base build or bought in components but I'm glad with our (choice Cliff 600 XV panel van).

Like you we are now into the upgrading phase. What could possibly go wrong?

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Congratulations on your new van. The black and silver finish looks really nice.

Delivery can be a stressful time - at least it was for me. Ours was nearly delayed by an air bag warning light although the dealer pulled out the stops to fit a replacement module. We still have missing items from the spec and teething problems which are Fiat base build or bought in components but I'm glad with our (choice Cliff 600 XV panel van).

Like you we are now into the upgrading phase. What could possibly go wrong?

What teething problems Lucky? Touch wood, things on ours seem to be fine.

We’ve been personalising ours has most of what we wanted was either factory fit or done by the dealer.

In the process of fitting a spare wheel and carrier, but it’s too wet for me to get under the van.

I’m considering fitting SumoSprings but want to find a few more reviews and a company that will supply and fit them (at a reasonable price). Seems an easy job, but as I live on a very steep hill, and only have the jack supplied to do the lifting, I’d rather pull into a garage and let them do it. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. 👍

Wyn

OP
OP
Guffy60
Jun 13, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T68 XV.
Exp

We’ve been personalising ours has most of what we wanted was either factory fit or done by the dealer.

In the process of fitting a spare wheel and carrier, but it’s too wet for me to get under the van.

I’m considering fitting SumoSprings but want to find a few more reviews and a company that will supply and fit them (at a reasonable price). Seems an easy job, but as I live on a very steep hill, and only have the jack supplied to do the lifting, I’d rather pull into a garage and let them do it. (y)
Understand more complex on the extended chassis, so thought I would leave it to the professionals, using SAP in Doncaster based on the positive comments on here.

surprised the dealer wasn’t that interested in doing or acting as middleman, perhaps as they are rationalising and making staff redundant at present. As it’s in storage it would have been one of the few times I would have negotiated on and accepted the good old best polish ever package.

Importantly, worked out the cupboard where I can build a wine rack!

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016

Teething problems we put down to Fiat are the side sliding door is very difficult to open from the inside, and the handbrake light doesn't work which let swmbo drive with the handbrake partially engaged and cook the rear brakes....

The other problem is the touchscreen multi media doesnt respond to being touched much of the time.

One thing we were especially glad to have learned of through MHF is Continental's tyre pressure guide. After a trip to the weigh bridge we could lower the pressures from the rock hard 80psi that Sunlight recommend and that made a big difference to ride comfort.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
To be fair, I find the handbrake a long way down from my seating position.

Is your media pack the Xzent model? What were you able to change your pressures to? I’ve got mine at the factory recommended 5bar front and 5.5 rear.

OP
OP
Guffy60
Jun 13, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T68 XV.
Exp
I haven’t sorted tyre pressures out yet, need to weigh once mods are done and then will sort them out.

yes it has Xzent, surprised reverse camera when auto worked on closed r
setting rather being able to choose, or perhaps I need to learn.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I got my son to help me with the media system. He used to be a technical job so was able to spend 10 minutes on it himself, then showed me in ‘idiot’ terms how it works.

Nice to see it has various size vehicle settings for the Sat Nav. If you do the Android link thing you can watch BBC iPlayer and other channels, via your phone, through the screen. Other channels also worked as did YouTube.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Teething problems we put down to Fiat are the side sliding door is very difficult to open from the inside, and the handbrake light doesn't work which let swmbo drive with the handbrake partially engaged and cook the rear brakes....

The other problem is the touchscreen multi media doesnt respond to being touched much of the time.

One thing we were especially glad to have learned of through MHF is Continental's tyre pressure guide. After a trip to the weigh bridge we could lower the pressures from the rock hard 80psi that Sunlight recommend and that made a big difference to ride comfort.

Reading through the Sunlight User Manual again, found this in relation to tyre pressures........need to drop my front tyres to 4.75, but says rear should stay at 5.5.

B8C5D060-C67E-4898-8E39-52B59E4AA273.jpeg

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
I'm running 3.25 front and 4.0 rear, taking my data from the Continental Tyres technical doc. I cannot currently copy n paste the link but maybe later. My tyre / nearest axle rating / pressures are highlighted on the following two pages.

Screenshot_20201027-170708_Drive~2.jpg
Screenshot_20201027-170924_Drive~7.jpg

OP
OP
Guffy60
Jun 13, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T68 XV.
Exp
Last edited:

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I’ve got 215/70/R15’s on steel rims on a light chassis, so I would expect ours to be different. However, your pressures are miles away from mine.

I’m really baffled why this subject as so many contradictions from vehicle manufacturers / converters / tyre manufacturers. :unsure:

OP
OP
Guffy60
Jun 13, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T68 XV.
Exp
I’ve got 215/70/R15’s on steel rims on a light chassis, so I would expect ours to be different. However, your pressures are miles away from mine.

I’m really baffled why this subject as so many contradictions from vehicle manufacturers / converters / tyre manufacturers. :unsure:
Same as why the manufacturers say they weigh X, but when you take them to a weigh bridge ten to weigh more.

see where you local council weigh bridge is. weigh you van loaded as it normally is when travelling.
a) total weight
b) then just weighing front axle, and
c) rear axle

a) let’s you know how much over weight you are, hope not
b & c) your tyre pressures using the guide

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
I’m really baffled why this subject as so many contradictions from vehicle manufacturers / converters / tyre manufacturers

My guess is laziness or caution, either way they seem to quote the pressures for the most heavily possible loaded variant of Ducato that Fiat build.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
In relation to the weigh bridge, I’ve just sent off my V5C to upweight from 3300kg to 3500kg. I’m in the process (when it stops raining) of fitting a spare wheel and carrier, so I what that on before I start weighing.

On the van sticker.......Front 5 bar (72.5psi). Rear 5.5 bar (79.8psi).

Converters Manual......Front 4.75 bar (69psi). Rear 5.5 bar (79.8psi).

Now, if I’ve got the Conti table right and working on near max axle weighs.......

Front 3.75 bar (54.4psi). Rear 5 bar (72.5psi)

Rears aren’t too far apart (7psi or so), but the front......18psi. That’s only if I’m reading the charts right. 🤷‍♂️

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
i have a t69s and run 55psi front and 65psi rear no problems after 3 years

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
An update on the hand brake problem on our brand new Sunlight PVC. I took it to my local Fiat dealer for what I assumed was a base build problem, but it turned out the root cause was Sunlight had messed up when re-routing the hand brake cables around the waste water tank, with a failed wiring job. I'll ask the dealer for some photos that I can share on the Sunlight sub forum.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back