Fiat Ducato series 8 oil display indication scare (2 Viewers)

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Yesterday a FIAT Professional garage near me did serviced my van (first service, 24000km, 20 months old).
After picking it up (and 650€ lighter), I drove to the storage location (10 minutes away from the garage) and in the last minute before turning off the engine, I had the low oil level message. First thought was I did had lost the oil, but this van has no dip stick, of course.
I try to check the ground for oil dripping, but couldn't easily do that as it was raining cats and dogs (first serious rain here since november 2021!)
After having them on the phone, they told me to drive back to them as there was a reset needed in the computer vehicle! what?
Back to the garage, where they connected the diagnostic machine and performed a reset of the level system.
So, series 8 owners, be aware of this!

001.jpg

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
So much for electronics! Give me a dipstick every time, just reset it with a rag!
Having said that I did a top up on mine with a cautious 200ml and the digital oil level read out did register two more bars.

May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
Probably everything ok. A short while ago one of my customers (a garage) had their first Series 8/2.2 on service and it was quite tricky to get everything in order. They had this same problem and added more and more oil. Finally they asked to local Fiat service wtf!?!+1 and got instructions. Did the oil change again with correct amount, and after that it needs some parameters (temperature, maybe speed and everything like that) to be met and after that everything was okay. They did maybe a 5 kilometers test drive and all was okay after that. Most likely they had to reset (via dashboard or diagnostic device) something too, can't remember, but in any case the van needed a few kilometers to be happy.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Why do they have to make it so complex 🤬? What could be simpler and more reliable than a dipstick!
I had a note from VW today launching the ‘new Golf’, despite having launched a new model only a few years back. Turns out it’s the same old Golf but they’ve reinstated physical buttons on the steering wheel and slide controls for the heating and radio controls. Having realised the original set up was a load of shite, they’re now promoting this ‘back to the future’ move as innovation!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back