Fiat Ducato Multifunction Steering wheel (1 Viewer)

Ken Hall

Free Member
Aug 15, 2020
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
2016 Carado T135
Exp
40 years
A request for owners of a UK spec RHD Motorhome on a 2016 Fiat Ducato 2.3, (290) Base vehicle? I want to retrofit a Multifunctional steering wheel and connect it to my Blaupunkt Series 845 Multimedia centre, which was fitted by the dealership, to my Carado T135. I have the OEM Ducato Blaupunkt adapter unit and a supplier for the steering wheel, but don't know which wheel option to choose. The options are 6 button or 8 button (I already established the 7 button version isn't compatible). Can any one help?

I also have purchased a wonderful CANBUS software package from Gendan LTD in Swansea. It installs into windows 7, 8 or 10, (I'm using Windows 7 "Bootcamped" on my 2011 MacBook Pro). Along with their vehicle specific adaptor lead I can access the CANBUS to tell it when the multifunction steering wheel is present. It also means I can retrofit two front spot/fog lights and get the CANBUS to recognise them, so I don't have to bypass anything and add a new dedicated foglight switch. I can just change the switch cluster on the dash.

Any help or advice from any one who has done this job will be appreciated.

Ken

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
Don't know if this image is any use to you? It's a 2017 model X290
Wheel.jpg

I'm not sure that you will be able to just 'switch on' extra items on the CanBus because the wiring might not be there?

OP
OP
Ken Hall

Ken Hall

Free Member
Aug 15, 2020
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
2016 Carado T135
Exp
40 years
Hi. Thanks for the fast response. This looks like the option I will need. It looks like its either 6 or 8 depending on whether one counts the rockers as one or two action switches. Its good enough for me to compare with the image from the supplier. The Blaupunkt connector is a sing core cable that plugs into the special Blaupunckt/Ducato adaptor. What I'm unsure about is how the other end works. I think there is a connection in the wheel but wont know until the airbag is removed.

I'll give it a couple of days to see if any one who has done this retrofit can shine any light on the way forward.

Many thanks for the trouble and the image.

Best regards

Ken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ken Hall

Ken Hall

Free Member
Aug 15, 2020
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
2016 Carado T135
Exp
40 years
WOW. Sorry for the delayed response. This is an excellent forum and gives me just the information I need. Thank you so much Pingo99.

I will search further for the info to retrofit front fog lights, but I'm sure I'll find it on this forum.

Best regards

Ken

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back