Fiat Ducato ECU CAMBUS Expert required (1 Viewer)

Ken Hall

Free Member
Aug 15, 2020
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
2016 Carado T135
Exp
40 years
Good morning.
I want to educate myself to be able to make changes to the body computer of my Fiat Ducato 2016 UK spec, Carado T135 motorhome.

I have all the components for upgrading ro the multifunction steering wheel and the retrofitting front fog lights. All the wiring is there in the harness.
I have the pdfs of the full Ducato 3,500 page workshop manual, the Fiat Upfitter's/Converters manual and the Fiat Ducato Training manual (all of which I offer gratis for anyone interested). I also have a fully paid uo licence for the MultiECU scan software and the relevant lead to access the ECU.
I've done a dummy run with removing the Driver's airbag, steering wheel and squib clock spring, following the instructions in the workshop manual and taking advice from technicians from two airbag replacement companies and a technician who previously worked on Fiat Ducatos (but who has no knowledge of ECUs)

I've had a look at the system sufficient to identify the presence of the multifunction steering wheel and front fog lights in the body computer list, but that's where it ends.

What I need, (please) is detailed tuition guidance on how to make the changes such that ECU recognises the presence of the multifunction steering wheel and the front fog lights. I am aware (having been warned repeatedly) that one false or wrong item of incorrect data, entered into the ECU can screw up the whole vehicle.

Is there any one on the forum with the knowledge to assist me?

I have significant software experience in other areas of computing but alas not this area.

At least it's given me something to do during the 13 month lockdown that we have had to endure due to my bad lungs, heart and digestion problems.

Stay safe and keep well,

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Ken

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Good morning.
I want to educate myself to be able to make changes to the body computer of my Fiat Ducato 2016 UK spec, Carado T135 motorhome.

I have all the components for upgrading ro the multifunction steering wheel and the retrofitting front fog lights. All the wiring is there in the harness.
I have the pdfs of the full Ducato 3,500 page workshop manual, the Fiat Upfitter's/Converters manual and the Fiat Ducato Training manual (all of which I offer gratis for anyone interested). I also have a fully paid uo licence for the MultiECU scan software and the relevant lead to access the ECU.
I've done a dummy run with removing the Driver's airbag, steering wheel and squib clock spring, following the instructions in the workshop manual and taking advice from technicians from two airbag replacement companies and a technician who previously worked on Fiat Ducatos (but who has no knowledge of ECUs)

I've had a look at the system sufficient to identify the presence of the multifunction steering wheel and front fog lights in the body computer list, but that's where it ends.

What I need, (please) is detailed tuition guidance on how to make the changes such that ECU recognises the presence of the multifunction steering wheel and the front fog lights. I am aware (having been warned repeatedly) that one false or wrong item of incorrect data, entered into the ECU can screw up the whole vehicle.

Is there any one on the forum with the knowledge to assist me?

I have significant software experience in other areas of computing but alas not this area.

At least it's given me something to do during the 13 month lockdown that we have had to endure due to my bad lungs, heart and digestion problems.

Stay safe and keep well,

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Ken
Sorry can't help you with your query might be better asking on the Fiat forums more chance of someone having used MultiECU.

You could add your manuals to the resources section on here would be useful for others to use.

Good luck you'll get there and then you can tell all of us how to do it.đź‘Ť

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back