Fiat ducato 130 remap in Devon…any recommendations who to use?! (1 Viewer)

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
Hi,
been thinking of a remap of our 130 2015 Rio ducato for some time now. Has around 20k on the clock and just want that extra bit of torque.

has anyone any recommendations on which company / franchise to use, which dealer (leaning towards a Quantumn generic map), anyone to avoid?
cheers.

Apr 12, 2015
south devon
Funster No
MH
globecar pvc
Exp
complete novice
we had our 130 ducato done at old mill garage in newton abbot .they were recommended by a friend in the trade. cant remember mapping manufacturer but went to 156bhp.
improved mpg and a lot easier to drive especially on s/w hills.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pusscat

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks, not sure if they’d be able to fit it in as they are undergoing quite a refurbishment at the mo and I need it done before my Spain trip! I’m in the process of contacting them when they open….

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pusscat

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks Dave,
I was seriously thinking of Quantum, they have been doing it for quite a time I suppose.

I suppose if it’s simply a loading up of a generic file that’s been tried and tested to the ECU, then there’s not much variability in who actually does it rather than a custom set up?

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Thanks Dave,
I was seriously thinking of Quantum, they have been doing it for quite a time I suppose.

I suppose if it’s simply a loading up of a generic file that’s been tried and tested to the ECU, then there’s not much variability in who actually does it rather than a custom set up?
Agreed, I had mine done about 6 months ago by a local tuning guy who obviously gas bought a agency from Quantum,it makes the engine smoother and torquer and acceleration is much better, fuel consumption improves if you don’t get excited with the acceleration 😁. He plugged in checked my existing ECU for any issues, then sent a reading to Quantum who then sent the remapping back direct to vehicle via his magic box 👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 3, 2021
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Alto 2013
Exp
Since 2021
After some consideration over the past year or so (including ensuring everything is mechanically sound and stable) I finally booked a Quantum Tuning remap with South West Remaps (based between Newton Abbot & Paignton) this week.

It's super early days as I've only had one short drive in the van so far, unladen, but it does seem a noticable improvement - ours is the comfortmatic auto but it seems smoother and less laboured.
Will keep an eye on it and get out for some proper trips soon and report back. Simon at SW Remaps was very helpful and discounted the standard Quantum price slightly.

Upvote 0
May 3, 2021
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Alto 2013
Exp
Since 2021
Have had a bit more use from ours now and very pleased. I’d actually say to a point I “don’t notice it” - but in a good way- it just drives as I think it should. No racing car, but I no longer have those moments where it seems a little sluggish or needs more effort around hilly lanes etc.

No additional premium from Comfort on the insurance, either.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back