Faulty rear camera (1 Viewer)

Oct 4, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 66-2
Exp
Since Sept ‘21.
We have a 2-camera device on the back of our Bailey Advance. One of the cameras is ok, but the other one (which is also the reversing camera) is on the blink. Sometimes it works, but usually it’s flickery at best. I’ve dismantled the unit, expecting to see a wiring junction, but there is none - the wires go straight into the back wall of the van. So I’d like to find where they first get to some sort of joining block within the van, as I imagine there’s a loose join. On the inside of the van behind the camera is a wooden panel and shelf (in the bathroom), which looks like it could be easily removed, so that’s where I might start. Any better suggestions?!
IMG_1276.jpeg
IMG_1277.jpeg

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
the Dometic cameras on ours have a short tail from the camera about 300 mm long then plug into the lead that goes to the front of the van, if that helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Cooper007

Free Member
May 29, 2023
Dublin, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2014 McLouis Nevis
if you can see the circuit board on the rear of the camera? go in with a multi meter? see if there is voltage? or if the voltage is constant? best find is the voltage the issue? ie: bad earth, or is the wiring that carry the video the issue? if runs from 12 volts? you could run a direct feed bypass the wiring at present, see if fix it? if you have it in rice? looks like you have it totally removed, could you wire it on the bench with a monitor to try

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DaveHobson
Oct 4, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 66-2
Exp
Since Sept ‘21.
if you can see the circuit board on the rear of the camera? go in with a multi meter? see if there is voltage? or if the voltage is constant? best find is the voltage the issue? ie: bad earth, or is the wiring that carry the video the issue? if runs from 12 volts? you could run a direct feed bypass the wiring at present, see if fix it? if you have it in rice? looks like you have it totally removed, could you wire it on the bench with a monitor to try
Thanks. Some of this is beyond my comprehension, and some I can’t do because we’re away at the mo. (The bag of rice thing was with it hanging off the back of the van - I hoped to remove it, but couldn’t, because of there being no join in the wiring.) But I’ll check as much as I can.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DaveHobson
Oct 4, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 66-2
Exp
Since Sept ‘21.
the Dometic cameras on ours have a short tail from the camera about 300 mm long then plug into the lead that goes to the front of the van, if that helps
Thanks. If ours is the same, that would put the end of the tail behind that bathroom shelf, so I’ll have a look there.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back