JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
After using FairFX for over 15 years we have decided to dump it and go over to Revolut, though correct me if it seems not right.
For a while now FairFX have no telephone support if anything goes wrong, which it did with us. Getting through on chat is a nightmare and there is no support on weekends despite them saying there is. If you look at TrustPilot reviews you will several have had money not credited for weeks, or even lost altogether and loads of one star reviews. How can a company with such a high rating become like that.
Tried booking a site over the phone with it and it rejected payment saying the CVC number was not registered to my address. Tried loading money on Saturday and it refused to do it for no apparent reason. Emailed with no reply until late this morning when they said delete the card and register it again. I don't need that hassle especially if we were on the continent.
Anyone else had problems with FairFX?
Is Resolut the best prepayment card to get which is free of fees?

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
After using FairFX for over 15 years we have decided to dump it and go over to Revolut, though correct me if it seems not right.
For a while now FairFX have no telephone support if anything goes wrong, which it did with us. Getting through on chat is a nightmare and there is no support on weekends despite them saying there is. If you look at TrustPilot reviews you will several have had money not credited for weeks, or even lost altogether and loads of one star reviews. How can a company with such a high rating become like that.
Tried booking a site over the phone with it and it rejected payment saying the CVC number was not registered to my address. Tried loading money on Saturday and it refused to do it for no apparent reason. Emailed with no reply until late this morning when they said delete the card and register it again. I don't need that hassle especially if we were on the continent.
Anyone else had problems with FairFX?
Is Resolut the best prepayment card to get which is free of fees?
Had FairFx for years, but this year all has gone awry. My account has been locked, and password is no longer recognised. Thecsrd still works, so I have used it until the balance is zero.

Reactions: JaG
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Had FairFx for years, but this year all has gone awry. My account has been locked, and password is no longer recognised. Thecsrd still works, so I have used it until the balance is zero.
That is what I am doing as the card still works on payment machines.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 13, 2021
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 120 low-line
Exp
Autumn 2020
I can go one better. My late mother had a fairfx card (i know the pin so access is no problem,) I wrote to them as estate executer with mums details, card details etc and got a letter back saying they had no record of this card or mum having an account with them! Figure that one out!

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
We have also used FairFX (Now, I think called Equals Money??) we used them in May to transfer money to a French dealer for a motorhome. Great service and great exchange rate (We were lucky and got 1.21/£).
Revolut looks good but I have no clue whether they are listed as a bank etc??

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I use Revolut and also Monzo. Both banks and had no problems with either of them.

• Thanks
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
My Halifax credit card gives me the daily bank rate on all purchases in Europe.
Am I missing something
Probably not. With something like Wise you buy Euros (or any currency) and they stay in a Euro account, so can sometimes benefit from buying at a better rate. I bought l £2000 worth of Euros some time ago at 1.21 so got Euro 2420. Today I'd get 1.16, so Euro 2320, Euro 100 less. Of course it could go the other way! It's all down to personal preference really. I to have a Halifax CC, be I never use it.

Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
That reminds me I have a fairfx card somewhere, I wonder if it has any balance left on it!!

• Funny
Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
Yippee, found it...............................................11.34 euros balance.

Now what can I do with it............................spending spree coming up maybe ;-)

• Funny
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Before you switch over to Revolute, have a look at all the options.
If it's only €uro's that you normally need, then Starling comes out tops at the moment.

• Thanks

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I’ve been trying to get my money back from FairFX for weeks now.

They notified me that the card they sent to me last summer would no longer be valid, and I’d be sent a new one within days.

Then another email saying there had been a mistake at the card manufacturers, and I would be issued with a card from one of their other companies.🤦‍♂️

’No thanks’, I said. Give me my money back please.

I was told (all this is via email as you can’t ring them, and the chat is less than useless with long waiting times)…..that the quickest way is to list myself and bank details as a beneficiary, then transfer all my funds out.

Tried that, but as soon as you click on ‘Set up Beneficiary’ from the app, it takes you to another one of their card sites for which I am not registered.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

More emails… ‘No I’m not registering on another of your sites / apps, please give me my money’.

They were supposed to be ringing me at 9.30am this morning….. guess what? I’m still waiting nearly an hour later. And no new card as ever turned up. It’s a good job I’m not travelling at the moment.

All in all this has been going for over four weeks….. be warned.🤷‍♂️

Oct 24, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Caracompact 600 MEG
Exp
5 years
We have been using FairFX with no problems for some years. Just noticed our cards have expired and going online appears they have upgraded their accounts ( virtual cards and extra currencies available). So i have upgraded and so far all looks fine. New balance includes our linked card so will await new card. Will post progresshere.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
We have been using FairFX with no problems for some years. Just noticed our cards have expired and going online appears they have upgraded their accounts ( virtual cards and extra currencies available). So i have upgraded and so far all looks fine. New balance includes our linked card so will await new card. Will post progresshere.

I did exactly the same at the beginning of December. Upgraded to the new App etc…. then it all went boobs up.

Finally got a call back…. All funds now refunded. Sorry about the issues, but we have had problems with our upgrading.

Over ten years, my FairFX Euro Card was cloned to withdraw Rubles in St Petersburg and Dollars in New York. They wanted me to prove it wasn’t me…..I pointed out it was a Euro card.🤦‍♂️

Enough‘s enough.🤷‍♂️

Oct 24, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Caracompact 600 MEG
Exp
5 years
Update as promised. Account credited with all monies on both my card and linked card. Virtual card created and new card applied for. New card arrived today. Now activated and all balances now visible on new account. New linked card applied for and now in post.
Very happy with whole process.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back