Engine warning light (1 Viewer)

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
2019 ducato 2.3 l . Engine light came on this morning when I started the van (the yellow engine shaped one ) . German camping neighbour said don’t worry too much as it’s yellow and could just be a sensor . Anyway had driven for the last 2 1/2 hours without issue . Campsite (Venice) doesn’t have a recommended engineer around

Any advice ? Or just see how it goes ?

Cheers in advance

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
You need the code read to find out what it is. It could be a sensor but could still go into limp mode if you continue to drive too many miles without resetting or fixing it.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Without wishing to state the obvious, check the obvious fluids for levels.
Mike.

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
This sometimes happens with that warning. A simple first step is to stop then restart the engine 5 times, making sure the revs go above where the alternator kicks in. I've known this work a few times - possibly you continuing has covered this trick.
But it would be worthwhile to find someone with a code reader to check as faults do remain in the memory so can be checked as to what may have triggered it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2021
Tropical Skelmorlie
Funster No
MH
Globecar 5.4 Shine
Exp
Since 2013
This may not be relevant, but our warning light on our 2023 Ducato unfailingly comes on if I try to start it too quickly after turning the ignition on (it's necessary to wait for some time before staring). It subsequently extinguishes several starts later.

And that's the only time it comes on. I have it booked in - they think ia software update is needed.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
By way of an update . 24 hours after my first call to comforts breakdown service I had no call back. I chased them earlier today and was a little blunt about my feelings and 30 minutes later got a call back from Steve the AA technician who basicly said “ happens all the time , don’t worry if not red or flashing , and probably something about the diesel being different on the continent “ . Said we are good to go - so we will . But remain very disappointed about the 24 hour wait and chase up -

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
As it's a Ducato and electrical, the first thing I would do is get a cheap pair of jump leads, so that next it happens, you can check the engine earth by connect the jump lead between a clean point on the engine & chassis.
Good Luck! 👍

Upvote 0

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Jewellbags , which way are you heading from Venice way?

We're down at Pag, heading slowly North tomorrow and aiming for Trieste Monday then towards Bologna.

I've got a scanguage wired into my van, but I'm sure that the cable could reach your obd port if we went door to door, then I could see what stored codes you have

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Jewellbags , which way are you heading from Venice way?

We're down at Pag, heading slowly North tomorrow and aiming for Trieste Monday then towards Bologna.

I've got a scanguage wired into my van, but I'm sure that the cable could reach your obd port if we went door to door, then I could see what stored codes you have
That’s very kind of you . I’m heading toward mantova on Saturday so let’s how the van fairs and I’ll PM you if necessary . Thanks muchly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
Roller Team Toleno L
And that's the only time it comes on. I have it booked in - they think ia software update is needed.
We had exactly the same issue with our 2022 Ducato. Fiat Professional applied a couple of software updates and we haven't seen the light since.

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
On the 2013 Ducato, if there is a fault which turns the light on, then resolves itself, it will turn the light off after 3 restarts.

It will come back on again if the fault re-appears.

On mine it was a dodgy sensor, the fault code reader got it spot on.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back