Ellidis warranty? Is it a joke? (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
In November we bought an Elddis Accordo based “Majestic”.

We love the motorhome and have found little to fault but, during the recent very wet weather, we found rainwater was being blown past the top seal on the rear “garage”. We checked each day, wiping up any water that had got past the seal, (never very much).

We took the motorhome to our local, trusted, Approved workshop in order to have the seals renewed, under warranty.

Today they rang us to say that Elddis had refused the claim as damp meter readings were low and no damage had been suffered “as yet”.

The AW explained that we had found the problem early and had dried the area daily, but to no avail. Apparently we have to wait until any water ingress causes damage before they will authorise a repair.

Surely it would be better to catch any problem early?

It seems an odd way to do business.

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Not sure what yours is like but i had this issue on my Rapido and i purchased some extra rubber seal that i fitted into a slit around the outer edge of the door This sorted my issue out 100% i know you shouldnt have too but maybe worth it to protect your MH and stuff in the garage

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Fiamma drip stop or aluminium 'J' rail run along the top of the garage door will divert the majority of rain water { bit like a roof gutter }.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Today they rang us to say that Elddis had refused the claim as damp meter readings were low and no damage had been suffered “as yet”.
What an utterly pathetic response. Carthago insist on a drenching test before handover and again after a few months to make sure there are no leaks that might cause damage. I despair of the attitude demonstrated by some manufacturers, do they care nothing for their reputations and long term viability. Obviously not.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
if Elddis refuse tell your supplier you want it sorting by themselves they sold you the vehicle its there responsibility to ensure the vehicle is up to scratch to start with
Seems like a good plan............

......if the Dealer ever reopens after the lockdown! ;)

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Your contract is with you dealer, not Elddis the dealer should make it fit for purpose and sort it out with Elddis afterwards

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Your contract is with you dealer, not Elddis the dealer should make it fit for purpose and sort it out with Elddis afterwards
You are correct. However the Approved Workshop, which we have used for over thirty years, is only 3 miles away and the dealer 80 miles one way. We were trying to avoid a 160 mile round trip.

The AW have always carried out our warranty work on different makes of m/h and are “approved” by Elddis, so were surprised (amazed really) at Elddis’ response.

See also post #6 above.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
On our last Hymer we had a leaking garage door seal a UK dealer changed it under warranty, we bought the van in Belgium.

Russell Finney

Free Member
Aug 17, 2017
stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Elddis Vouge
Exp
know what you mean about having go to dealer we had a marquis 285 and 140 mile round trip every time in the end I had them collect it from my house as it had to go back to factory once for warranty work ended u with no m/h for 3 months but they don't compensate you either

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
You are correct. However the Approved Workshop, which we have used for over thirty years, is only 3 miles away and the dealer 80 miles one way. We were trying to avoid a 160 mile round trip.

The AW have always carried out our warranty work on different makes of m/h and are “approved” by Elddis, so were surprised (amazed really) at Elddis’ response.

See also post #6 above.

do the workshop have a solution to fix?

if they do and a price to do it isn’t prohibitive I would get it done and move on

ultimately Elddis will not get your business again, better to preserve your asset today than lose value while arguing a point

shit service from manufacturer though ?

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Not in the slightest surprised. When a 5ft chunk of plywood fell off the new Elddis caravan ceiling after just one week's use a couple of years ago, I wrote to the MD of Elddis pointing out that there were two design flaws in this piece of trim. One was using hot melt glue to stick such a long length, and the second was that the support bars for this trim were too short, so that not only gravity but the fact that the trim was forced against the roof light caused it to fail. I asked for both faults to be rectified.

This was refused by Elddis and instead they issued a recall and simply bunged half a dozen screws through the trim and into the roof.

However, events overtook this, and so much else went wrong within the next month of use that I used the Consumer Rights Act to get my money back and buy a motorhome instead.

MH59

Free Member
Feb 8, 2018
North Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Elddis autoquest 194
Exp
Since 2018
I have the same problem with my 19 plate brownhills special. Had the hab check done in February damp was found in both garage doors , both are going to be replaced under warranty which elddis have agreed to cover. The join for the seals are at the top of the door why?
One other point, at the weekend I went on to the DVLA website and looked at recalls of my motorhome and yes there is one regarding the brake pipe clips on the bulk head . I haven't heard anything from the dealer, booked into a Peugeot dealer for this week, good opportunity to have a run out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back