Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
These are the single crewed lazy persons toy scooters not the motorbikes
My first thought on these things were bit of a fad.
But i leave the wife out here in france for a few days while i have to work and the 180 poundish version of trionette that weighs 7.4 kgs does 20 kph and a battery life of 3 hours with the eight inch wheels is kind of turning her on.

Any thing i should consider before the impulse purchase becomes a reality in next couple of days. (It takes 100 kg so she can take the grandchildren to school on it)

#growingolddisgracefully

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Transport for London is even talking about getting the laws changed so they can be used by commuters Current law is they are illegal on the road and illegal on the pavement !

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
These are the single crewed lazy persons toy scooters not the motorbikes
My first thought on these things were bit of a fad.
But i leave the wife out here in france for a few days while i have to work and the 180 poundish version of trionette that weighs 7.4 kgs does 20 kph and a battery life of 3 hours with the eight inch wheels is kind of turning her on.

Any thing i should consider before the impulse purchase becomes a reality in next couple of days. (It takes 100 kg so she can take the grandchildren to school on it)

#growingolddisgracefully
I've seen a few in use by Spaniards but you need to check the "N332" site as they posted all the new laws for them and the hover boards.bikes,etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I've seen a few in use by Spaniards but you need to check the "N332" site as they posted all the new laws for them and the hover boards.bikes,etc.
Quite happy they are technically illegal in uk. Mainly for european use along promenades etc and giving grandkids a jolly.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
they are pretty much a standard form of transport in Tel Aviv, many people use them for their daily commute, we have about 10 people in our office there that use them every day.

i suspect that any regulations will only tighten up on these scooters as they go pretty quick and the specs seem to be increasing, the ones i've seen there go up to 45kmh.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back