EHU quandary - Polarity (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Just waiting for you lot to tell me I have to label all my sockets & all my plugs so I always plug them in "the so called correct way round". Well it ain't going to happen.:)

You mean you don't.......tut tut:)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I decided that as there is often reversed polarity on supplies abroad and there are thousands of motorhomes that if it was a big problem it would be reported even more than gassing!!!!
You have gone and done it now mentioning the "G" word, naughty corner for you.:LOL:

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
None of the onboard sockets in most modern MH's aren't switched so they're permanently live on your 230v EHU whether you have reversed polarity or not plus if you suddenly decide to plug your toaster in and the MCB trips, you know it's the toaster so why go through the rigmarole of looking at everything else.

If your domestic power in your van trips for no reason surely the first thing you'd do is isolate the EHU before poking around anyway as the fault will most probably be found onboard. The specific tripped MCB will point you in the right direction. It's not as if it's a household consumer panel with 15 RCDs and four separate rings and you have to play hunt the appliance or light fitting or find the faulty switch or socket.

I'm like pappajohn, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back