• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Early 2000s N&B Flair 7100/7200 (1 Viewer)

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Anybody have an early 2000s Flair 7100/7200 they would like to go a good home? Iveco or FIAT I'm easy either way, not over bothered on mileage, just a feeling of care. I'm not a dealer.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Good luck with your search @oldieish as you have most likely worked out there are not many about the UK. pre 2005 production will be 2.8 IVECO or Fiat and post 2005 could be either 2.8 or Fiat or IVECO chassis might have the upgrade option of 3 litre, even rarer would be a Mercedes Sprinter base.

The 7100 is just under 8m while the 8000 is a tad under 8.5m, they didn't make a 7200 actually.

There is a Tandem axle Fiat 6700 and a Tandem Fiat Flair 8000 on Autotrader, but you most likely knew that already;)

Happy hunting.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
I suspect I'm searching for hen's teeth. It's a bit of a Goldilocks situation; the 6700 is a little short, the 8000 a little long.

I had a look at the 6700 yesterday. A bit light on storage, but could probably be made to work with some creative thinking. No history of cam belt replacement, original tyres to be replaced tout-de-suit and a few minor odds and ends to be done. HOWEVER, the previous owner has stuck some type of wooden tiling onto the (perfectly acceptable) original flooring. In my view it looks and feels, how shall I say, horrible. At this moment I've no idea how it could be removed; a) at all, and b) without damaging the original floor. Because of that my initial feeling is, in Dragon's Den terms, I'm out. But I am susceptible to second thoughts if anyone has any idea what to do.

Maybe arrange a view of the 8000 this week. I've received a large number of pictures from the agent. Some of them suggest a bit of rust here and there. But a well-equipped van. Another, not inconsiderable, problem is my location. From the South-coast it's a bit of a trek.
There are 7100s in Germany and Holland which are closer.

Including one at Linders Kampeerauto's in Bakel (Netherlands) and another on mobile.de near to Frankfurt. If anybody is in the area and fancies a look for me . . . ?

David

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
There was a nice one on here a couple of months ago not sure if it sold, 7100 on Iveco.

I think that is Sundowners. As a consequence of weather and obligation I managed to contrive missing-out on that opportunity. Regrettably.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The difference between a 7100 and an 8000 other than 0.5 metre is the bed in a 7100 is transverse which is OK but you loose 0.5 metre in the garage:mad:, the 8000 can be either transverse or single beds so the other bit that changes is the lounge sofa length.

When we were looking for ours we had the choice of two 8000's one had the transverse bed and large lounge sofa which looked a bit too big really the other had the single beds which we bought and I subsequently changed around to being transverse but it still has the larger garage but smaller lounge space.

When I say we had the choice of two one was at Portsmouth and the other was just outside Edinburgh so we had to work for it.

Martin

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Little bit bigger than I fancy. Also the drop-down bed has been replaced with overhead lockers.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Don't know if this fits the bill or not, plus its top dollar.
Now this van I like a lot! (y) Having been seduced by the build quality of a couple of Funster N+B vans at Newbury, I’ve been looking at ads for them on and off. Love the larger lounge and lack of drop-down bed in this one - cupboards up front much more useful for us. Also prefer the transverse bed too. Only sticking point as far as I’m concerned is that for Comfort fulltime insurance a van can’t be more than 10 years old. :( Anyone know when this particular model stopped being produced?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Have you seen this? Not keen on the Yank RV type awning, but Carthago don't build em as good as this anymore. Pity too about the MAN agricultural engine but 'one mans meat' as they say.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Now this van I like a lot! (y) Having been seduced by the build quality of a couple of Funster N+B vans at Newbury, I’ve been looking at ads for them on and off. Love the larger lounge and lack of drop-down bed in this one - cupboards up front much more useful for us. Also prefer the transverse bed too. Only sticking point as far as I’m concerned is that for Comfort fulltime insurance a van can’t be more than 10 years old. :( Anyone know when this particular model stopped being produced?
That model didn't run for long at all, would be first shown at Dusseldorf 2006 or 2007 I think and the next one came out 2008, the interior layout of that model is very similar/same as the previous model (ours) but the bodywork is different and the interior wood is different.

all the model details are here, http://liner-forum.eu/clou-mobile/n...-clou-liner-broschueren-catalogues-brochures/

Martin

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
There's a Flair 7100 LHD for sale on motorhome depot, auto, 2012

I enquired, the broker in charge of this one said it was bought as a job lot by a classic car dealer but he only wanted the classic cars and not the Flair so has seen it but never driven it, it has been reduced from 75k to 64995 as the owner just wants shut and the broker said make me an offer, anything is considered so I reckon 60k or even a bit may less may secure it

An offer was accepted for 62k but the monies were not forthcoming so that shows you the deal which could be had.

Fully loaded and the broker said it immaculate but you have to see them in person.

For a 2012 model if its as good as he says then it could be a real bargain.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
There's a Flair 7100 LHD for sale on motorhome depot, auto, 2012

I enquired, the broker in charge of this one said it was bought as a job lot by a classic car dealer but he only wanted the classic cars and not the Flair so has seen it but never driven it, it has been reduced from 75k to 64995 as the owner just wants shut and the broker said make me an offer, anything is considered so I reckon 60k or even a bit may less may secure it

An offer was accepted for 62k but the monies were not forthcoming so that shows you the deal which could be had.

Fully loaded and the broker said it immaculate but you have to see them in person.

For a 2012 model if its as good as he says then it could be a real bargain.
Do you mean RHD Paul?

Martin

And if it's the same one he needs to get his his tape measure calibrated as it will be a smidge under 8 metres.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Do you mean RHD Paul?

Martin

And if it's the same one he needs to get his his tape measure calibrated as it will be a smidge under 8 metres.

No, LHD Martin, he sent me all the photos and details, there was 2 on there when I looked last week, one RHD and one LHD, as I say if it's as good as the broker says and the story surrounding it is correct then it could be a bargain.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Have you seen this? Not keen on the Yank RV type awning, but Carthago don't build em as good as this anymore. Pity too about the MAN agricultural engine but 'one mans meat' as they say.

Thats the 6 cylinder, much better engine than the later 4 cylinder, I suspect it would actually be quite nice to drive with torque most of us could only dream about. I could be tempted but the Carthago liners are 250mm wide so can't get it down our lane.

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Flair 7100. At the risk of stirring a hornet's nest. Any preference for Iveco or FIAT tag? It's probably comparing two entirely different beasts, but information will be most welcome. Also, does the 3 litre Iveco have a cam-belt or a cam-chain and if the former what is the recommended service interval?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Iveco is twin wheel rear wheel drive so preferable, better for traction and coupled with winter tyres a great combination

3 litre Iveco has chain, older 2.8 Iveco and Fiat 2.8 belt which needs changing every 5 years.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Flair 7100. At the risk of stirring a hornet's nest. Any preference for Iveco or FIAT tag? It's probably comparing two entirely different beasts, but information will be most welcome. Also, does the 3 litre Iveco have a cam-belt or a cam-chain and if the former what is the recommended service interval?

In a Flair I would definitely go for 3 litre Iveco, better traction more robust engine.

Tags are fine for 99% of the time, in fact slightly more stable on the road and can offer the same space at a lower height but its the wet grass or sharp cambered corner where you can get caught out with traction.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well @oldieish I think you have your answer there in the two responses above, I will just add that if you look at pricing for two similar vehicles one on Fiat tandem axle and the other on IVECO twin wheel axle the IVECO will always be more money, that's because people want that configuration and are prepared to pay more money for it.

Martin

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you all, the knowledge-base and assistance offered is extremely welcome. Who said there is no such thing as society? My search for a Flair 7100 has extended to both The Netherlands and Germany. I'm a little nervous about this procedure, but I don't doubt it's probably straightforward when underway. Am I correct in my understanding that vans for sale through a Dutch dealer have some sort of tax which can be removed if sold out of Holland?

One that interests me in Germany has 245,000 km (154,000 miles) on a 2002 2.8 Iveco. Too much or nothing to worry about? Private vendor is aware that the belt needs changing.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
If you buy a van in the EU pre-Brexit a dealer will charge Vat as in the UK; a private seller won't. Either way there's nothing to reclaim and no tax to pay on import.

That will change if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. A dealer could then reclaim or not charge Vat on an export vehicle; a private seller wouldn't; you'd pay Vat and 10% duty on import.

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
If you buy a van in the EU pre-Brexit a dealer will charge Vat as in the UK; a private seller won't. Either way there's nothing to reclaim and no tax to pay on import.

That will change if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. A dealer could then reclaim or not charge Vat on an export vehicle; a private seller wouldn't; you'd pay Vat and 10% duty on import.

A double thank you John. Both here and FB. Looks like I'll have to get a move on. Seems I can't flush-out any UK 7100 owners.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
I've been trawling the EU for a while; there are a few 7100s for sale on the suchen.mobile.de site, eBay Broken Link Removed and Dutch small ads site www.marktplaats.nl/l/caravans-en-kamperen/campers.

Let me know if you find any other good sources as I'm looking for an 8000.

I notice that private vehicles seem quite highly-priced, whilst the dealers handle far more, and presumably pay less in part-exchange.

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to connect sellers and buyers directly in Europe.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I've been trawling the EU for a while; there are a few 7100s for sale on the suchen.mobile.de site, eBay Broken Link Removed and Dutch small ads site www.marktplaats.nl/l/caravans-en-kamperen/campers.

Let me know if you find any other good sources as I'm looking for an 8000.

I notice that private vehicles seem quite highly-priced, whilst the dealers handle far more, and presumably pay less in part-exchange.

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to connect sellers and buyers directly in Europe.
Did that one you were trying to get to a garage not work out John?

Martin

Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
@funflair

Unfortunately not. Long story short, went to collect on Friday - I'd lined up a low loader - but the dealer reneged on the deal.

So I'm looking for alternatives.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back