E bikes. Best folding please for comfort. (3 Viewers)

Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi all
probably been asked a million times before but is a minefield out there. We are after 2 folders with a price of around £2500 Each. Problem we have is so many are not in stock to try out. We want to get it right due to the cost of them so we are after, in this order, comfort,lightweight,ease of use.
thank You in advance
Karen.

Apr 21, 2014
Hertford
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
9years
Electric kit for my Brompton four years ago. Puts a smile on my face every time I ride it. Canal paths, muddy tracks and gravel roads shows the same sure footedness as on tarmac. Tried Brompton's own electric recently but not a patch on the kit version and I have lots more storage space in the front bag and also what feels like much more power. Also have a Tern Vektron S10 with the Bosch motor and that is very comfortable and stable in most condition. Doesn't fold down as small as the Brompton and is heavier. The suspension comes from the "Big Apple" tyres which give it a magic carpet ride but also mean that it is dangerous on mud as it loses all grip. To be fair Tern do say that it is for road use only. I also find the the Tern feels much heavier and the folding system is much harder to use and I have yet to find a plastic box that will take it. The Brompton goes in an IKEA box in the back of the PVC. Between the two it would always be the Brompton and the kit!

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
They are definitely the sexiest looking bikes..I would defo go for one as their performance is also pretty good.
They are as good to ride as they are sexy and so light.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610
Exp
10 years
I have a beixo folding bike ( https://beixo.com/ ) It has been outstanding. I’m 6’3 and 20 stone , so it has had a lot of work to do carting me around. The electric model weight 12 kg so it is easy to handle, no chain to worry about. The service from the manufacturer has been excellent

Upvote 0
Apr 18, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Stanton
Exp
30 years caravan, 3 years MH
Bought my wife and I two Volt folding metro's, one step through for my wife, they are excellent bikes and were bought on the enterprise trust 4 year interest free government loan scheme, the customer service is excellent and there are options to buy 40 mile range or 80 mile range batteries. None of the folding ebikes are light but because they are folding they fit on a bike rack with better stabillity. The only minor downside is possibly the smaller wheelbase which is not so controllable but for motorhome versatillity you cannot beat them and they're British made!!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back