e bike battery life (1 Viewer)

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Our e bikes for 5 years now and it feels like we are either not as fit as we were or the battery is also showing a lack of power. Not a huge difference but some.
They still show in economy mode that the range is still about 150miles, they also charge fully. When googling the subject they indicate the battery life is between 1 - 5 years, and around 1000 charges. We only use ours when travelling in the motorhome, have only 2000 miles on the clock plus I would estimate we have only part charged them less than 300 times. So the question is there a way of telling which is failing - us or the batteries (or both)? Don't want to be on a 2 month trip to find one or both of the batteries have failed.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
What bikes are they ? On our Kalkhoffs, you briefly press a button on the battery and it shows you how much "fuel" is in the battery, press and hold the same button for 5 seconds and it tells you "how big the tank now is" Our oldest battery is 8 years old and only lights 2 out of 5 leds for "size", but will light 5 leds for fully charged when it comes off the charger. It needs replaced and they seem cheaper on Ebay.de, but I fancy having a go re-celling it with Samsung cells if I can find a genuine seller ?

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
If it’s you,then you would probably know that. Are you as fit as you were 5 years ago? Are you as strong? If the answer is “no” it’s nowt to worry about...grow old disgracefully!:giggle:;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pandas
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
What bikes are they ? On our Kalkhoffs, you briefly press a button on the battery and it shows you how much "fuel" is in the battery, press and hold the same button for 5 seconds and it tells you "how big the tank now is" Our oldest battery is 8 years old and only lights 2 out of 5 leds for "size", but will light 5 leds for fully charged when it comes off the charger. It needs replaced and they seem cheaper on Ebay.de, but I fancy having a go re-celling it with Samsung cells if I can find a genuine seller ?
Very useful thank you. Yes they are Kalkhoff didn’t know about the 5 sec hold thing - presumably when ‘size’ is 1 then you need to change! Be grateful for info you have regarding replacement.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Might find there's a software upgrade for them. Know Bosch have provided same for a number of their systems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back